How am I supposed to keep my faith?

Danniquin

My grandma is in the hospital, she has cancer and her condition is going from bad to worse. I pray so hard all the time and I beg God not to take my grandma from me. But nothing gets better, it just keeps getting worse. I'm only 17 years old I graduate in 3 months and now I'm not sure if my grandma's gonna see me graduate. All I can do is cry, I can't find the strength to pray.

I don't understand why this is happening, I don't understand why people tell you to put your trust in god, it's not working! Gods not supposed to give you more than you can bear. I can't bear this, I can't deal with this, and I don't want to be put to the test to find out if I can. People say that everything happens for a reason, what could be the reason for all the horrific things that happen in this world.

How am I supposed to continue to trust in god and continue to believe in him when he's taking away one of the people that mean the most to me.

My grandma is in the hospital, she has cancer and her condition is going from bad to worse. I pray so hard all the time and I beg God not to take my grandma from me. But nothing gets better, it just keeps getting worse. I'm only 17 years old I graduate in 3 months and now I'm not sure if my grandma's gonna see me graduate. All I can do is cry, I can't find the strength to pray.

I don't understand why this is happening, I don't understand why people tell you to put your trust in god, it's not working! Gods not supposed to give you more than you can bear. I can't bear this, I can't deal with this, and I don't want to be put to the test to find out if I can. People say that everything happens for a reason, what could be the reason for all the horrific things that happen in this world.

How am I supposed to continue to trust in god and continue to believe in him when he's taking away one of the people that mean the most to me.
First, I would like to give you a :bighug:

I'm so sorry that your grandmother is not well. I totally understand your pain. Both my grandma's are gone, my parents too. It was so hard, especially because of my mom's passing. I still cry thinking about her and missing her. So, its ok to cry and feel sad.

I want you to know something, and this is the truth....God doesn't take anyone or make them die. Death is here because of sin that entered the earth because of Adam's disobedience to God when he was first in the garden of eden. Once he disobeyed God, sin entered in and death is a result of it. There is no changing it here on the earth.

But, there is good news! The bible says that "weeping my endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning!" Psalm 30:5

Even though it hurts to see your grandma go through this, she is actually in God's hands! He loves her and although it hurts Him to see you in pain that your grandma is so sick, He one day will give her a new body that will never be sick and carry disease....EVER!

This is where trusting God comes in to play. We don't understand everything in this life, but one thing is certain....we are born and we will die, but death isn't final as a believer in Jesus....we go from death to life! Life eternally with God!

I know it hurts...but I ask you to talk to God and tell Him how you feel. He will comfort you and give you His peace. I know....I've screamed at God so much when my mom passed away. He comforted me and I am still learning to trust Him, even when I feel that I don't understand it all. I know that in the end, I will understand.

Let me pray for you,

Heavenly Father,

I come before you, right now, on behalf of my little sister Danniquin, and I ask that you give her peace, your peace that surpasses all understanding, help it to guard her heart and her mind in Christ Jesus. I pray that you would allow her the opportunity to see you in the midst of this difficult time that she is experiencing, and that you would strengthen her and cause her to be a comfort and support to her grandma right now.

I pray for people who would be there for them to pray for them during this time and gather around her and her family and be an encouragement for them.

ETA: I come against the enemy as he tries to put doubt in the heart of this beautiful sister...I cancel every assignment that you are coming against her with and I break the strongholds of hurt and unforgiveness, in the name of Jesus. I pray that every thought come under the authority of Jesus Christ, as He cast down those imaginations that satan is trying to put in the heart and mind of my sister.

Most of all Father, remind my sister of your great love for her and her grandma. That you love them with an everlasting love and that your love will take her to a place of safety in you when there is no where else to turn.

Thank you, Father for my sister and I thank you that she will have peace, even now, in Jesus name. Amen.

We are here for you in the CF...please come back and keep us posted. Also, we have a prayer line on Tuesdays (9:30pm) and Thursdays at (10pm). We will pray for your grandma and you.

:bighug: :bighug: and :kiss: from me to you.

Remember this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

God bless you, sweetheart :love2:

Last edited:
Danniquin said:

I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm asking the same questions looking for the same answers so all I can do is send you a hug and say hang in there xoxoxo.

PS. If you get the answer, please share

Danniquin,
I'm so sorry that your grandmother is going through this. I totally get what you are feeling. Grandma's are the BEST. I know I love my grandma, beyond words. Don't stop praying for healing for your grandmother, no matter what it looks like. Even if you can't muster the words, God sees and "hears" your tears. And don't forget to thank Him everyday for blessing you with her in your life. Life is so precious, and each and every second we have with the people we love is a beautiful gift from God. I will say a prayer for you and especially your grandmother. :bighug:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

First, I would like to give you a :bighug:

I'm so sorry that your grandmother is not well. I totally understand your pain. Both my grandma's are gone, my parents too. It was so hard, especially because of my mom's passing. I still cry thinking about her and missing her. So, its ok to cry and feel sad.

I want you to know something, and this is the truth....God doesn't take anyone or make them die. Death is here because of sin that entered the earth because of Adam's disobedience to God when he was first in the garden of eden. Once he disobeyed God, sin entered in and death is a result of it. There is no changing it here on the earth.

But, there is good news! The bible says that "weeping my endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning!" Psalm 30:5

Even though it hurts to see your grandma go through this, she is actually in God's hands! He loves her and although it hurts Him to see you in pain that your grandma is so sick, He one day will give her a new body that will never be sick and carry disease....EVER!

This is where trusting God comes in to play. We don't understand everything in this life, but one thing is certain....we are born and we will die, but death isn't final as a believer in Jesus....we go from death to life! Life eternally with God!

I know it hurts...but I ask you to talk to God and tell Him how you feel. He will comfort you and give you His peace. I know....I've screamed at God so much when my mom passed away. He comforted me and I am still learning to trust Him, even when I feel that I don't understand it all. I know that in the end, I will understand.

Let me pray for you,

Heavenly Father,

I come before you, right now, on behalf of my little sister Danniquin, and I ask that you give her peace, your peace that surpasses all understanding, help it to guard her heart and her mind in Christ Jesus. I pray that you would allow her the opportunity to see you in the midst of this difficult time that she is experiencing, and that you would strengthen her and cause her to be a comfort and support to her grandma right now.

I pray for people who would be there for them to pray for them during this time and gather around her and her family and be an encouragement for them.

ETA: I come against the enemy as he tries to put doubt in the heart of this beautiful sister...I cancel every assignment that you are coming against her with and I break the strongholds of hurt and unforgiveness, in the name of Jesus. I pray that every thought come under the authority of Jesus Christ, as He cast down those imaginations that satan is trying to put in the heart and mind of my sister.

Most of all Father, remind my sister of your great love for her and her grandma. That you love them with an everlasting love and that your love will take her to a place of safety in you when there is no where else to turn.

Thank you, Father for my sister and I thank you that she will have peace, even now, in Jesus name. Amen.

We are here for you in the CF...please come back and keep us posted. Also, we have a prayer line on Tuesdays (9:30pm) and Thursdays at (10pm). We will pray for your grandma and you.

:bighug: :bighug: and :kiss: from me to you.

Remember this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

God bless you, sweetheart :love2:

Nice & Wavy....

I have nothing to add, except to say that this is the most beautiful response that brings healing to a broken heart.

Danniquin ... :kiss:

Little One... this is certain. You are loved beyond measure. Loved by God and by your grandma.

I was extremely close to my "Nana", she was there when I was born and she took me into her heart and into her life and gave me nothing but love. Grandmom's are like that. They always give us so much love and they never take it away.

You will never lose the love of your grandmom and you will never lose her. God is simply keeping her safe in His loving arms until the day that we all meet and see Jesus.

Please don't give up your faith in God, it's the one thing that your Grandmom has given to you that you can cherish forever.

:bighug:

Last edited:
Danniquin,
I'm so sorry that your grandmother is going through this. I totally get what you are feeling. Grandma's are the BEST. I know I love my grandma, beyond words. Don't stop praying for healing for your grandmother, no matter what it looks like. Even if you can't muster the words, God sees and "hears" your tears. And don't forget to thank Him everyday for blessing you with her in your life. Life is so precious, and each and every second we have with the people we love is a beautiful gift from God. I will say a prayer for you and especially your grandmother. :bighug:

Such beautiful words of love... TraciChanel :yep:

I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm asking the same questions looking for the same answers so all I can do is send you a hug and say hang in there xoxoxo.

PS. If you get the answer, please share

:bighug: I don't think we'll ever know 'all' of the answers, however we will always have the full love of God to carry us through life here on earth.

I feel your pain. Your post brought me to tears.

I suddenly lost my grandmother several years ago while I was in college. I watched my grandfather beg for God to take him due to the pain he was experiencing from prostate cancer.

I often wonder why things happen the way they do as well, especially when my son was taken away from me after 2 months on this earth. Life can be unfair and difficult sometimes.

Just pray and ask God for strength.

As a man is born, so shall a man die. People do the body of Christ disservice when they tell them that all their prayers will be answered as they wish. That is the not the faith. The faith is that Jesus is with us all until the very end. He didn't promise to remove everything negative from our lives. Is he suffered and died as the Son of G-d, so shall you suffer. Follow His example of faith towards the Father. It is not an easy road and none of us walk it perfectly. Just hold on and pray through it. There are many people with all manners of tragedies in their lives and we don't know if we could even handle another's. If you keep living, you will find that life will get even harder so please keep the faith and just talk to Him and tell him exactly how you feel. Piety doesn't mean "Thy, Thou" but sometimes, just a common conversation between persons. :bighug: I will pray for you but I'm asking you to return the favor.

Last edited:
Op I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. I have never had a grandmother before my mom was a foster child and my dad was never in my life. I always wanted to be able to experience the joy of having a grandmother and you are so very lucky and blessed to have a grandmother :) with that being said, she is still here and while you are very scared and reports are not looking good there is NOTHING too hard for God. I will pray for you and ur grandmother's health. Like N&W said death was NEVER God's intention for us it is a direct result of original man's sin so please know it is not God causing ur grandmother to fall ill. Please continue to pray and tell others to pray with u as well. Prayer is a mighty weapon that can dramatically change EVERYTHING!!! *hugs*

Last edited:
As a man is born, so shall a man die. People do the body of Christ disservice when they tell them that all their prayers will be answered as they wish. That is the not the faith. The faith is that Jesus is with us all until the very end. He didn't promise to remove everything negative from our lives. Is he suffered and died as the Son of G-d, so shall you suffer. Follow His example of faith towards the Father. It is not an easy road and none of us walk it perfectly. Just hold on and pray through it. There are many people with all manners of tragedies in their lives and we don't know if we could even handle another's. If you keep living, you will find that life will get even harder so please keep the faith and just talk to Him and tell him exactly how you feel.

Piety doesn't mean "Thy, Thou" but sometimes, just a common conversation between persons. :bighug: I will pray for you but

I'm asking you to return the favor.

We will pray for you as well on our Prayer Team....

Danniquin,
:hug2:
I know this is a though time for you but it will get better. I lost my grandma in the 9th grade and my heartbroken grandfather two years after that so I understand how you are feeling.

At the bolded, we will NEVER understand God's ways. We can only ask Him to share some of His infinite wisdom with us, which he does if we seek Him.
His word says that he will never stop doing good to His people (Jeremiah 32:40).

Danniquin, God loves you and your grandma, so whatever He decides will be his will. God comforts us in all our troubles (2 Corinthians 1:3-4) and when we loose our loved ones, God will take away all the pain and suffering they endured in this life.(Revelation 21:3-4).

I just wanted to give you some words of encouragement. God loves you and he ONLY wants the best for you.

Pray for your grammy and if God calls her, if she had the choice to return to this life, Im sure she would rather be with Him.

I have no words for you except I hope that He comforts you during this time. I don't really know how to deal with this issue and I'm 25. I know this isn't true, but it seems so unfair to me that we have to deal with death. This is one thing about our Creator that I have not made peace with. I hope that He gives you peace.

I lost my grandmother to cancer when I was 12 and I went through the same thing wondering why God did not answer my prayers and give her back to me. My faith did suffer for a while after that, but what I know now is that

1) the Lord is all we need in this life. No matter how close we are to our parents, grandparents, children, or spouses we must know that God is our everything. We should be grateful for the time we are allowed to share with our loved ones, but they are not "ours", they are "His", and when he chooses to call them home, it is not to spite us, but because it is part of his perfect plan for us and for them. And when they leave us, Jesus is still with us.

2) The bible says that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord, not that all things will be good, but that God can take any situation and use it to bless us.

3) And lastly, that if we are believers, we must believe through good times and bad. When things don't go the way you want them to go, will you still love and serve the Lord. That's our test. I can promise you that if you truly allow God to take control and worship him even through this trying time in your life he will bless you beyond anything you could have ever imagined.

Most of us have been where you are, and it is hard. But just like my grandmother, I'm sure yours taught you to trust in God, and she would not want you to turn away from Him now.

Danniquin,

I feel your pain. Your post brought me to tears.

When I Was 9/10 I lost my granddad and my great-uncle. It was a very tough year. It was hard losing them but what was really hard was watching my mum grieve for her daddy and my dad grieve for his uncle/mentor.

What I've learned in life through this experience and many others is to give my load/pain to Jesus so that He can carry it.

Don't rely on your own strength, rely on Jesus' strength. My advice to you is to give your pain, hurt, sadness, fear to Jesus so that He can carry it all and to ask him to carry you through this difficult time in your life. He is strong enough, He can do it.

Matthew 11:28-30 (Amplified)
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

You can trust that Jesus will give you peace and rest no matter what happens in life.
Continue praying for your grandmother, pray that the perfect will of the lord will be accomplished in her.

Thank you all so much, you women make me feel very loved and calm. Special Thanks to Nice & Wavy your prayer was the first one I saw the night I wrote this and that night I was a mess!

My grandma is actually doing a lot better, she's been having strokes. The doctors give her about six months months to live because she has a brain tumor that may grow back, and if she suffers another stroke she could go into a coma. However, the doctors also did not think that she would recover from the stroke that put her in the hospital most recently, she did! She's speaking, she happy, she regained the ability to move her leg. And she's back home.

This gives me hope that maybe she can get better. I remember my dad had cancer when I was younger and I didn't understand what it was so it wasn't so hard to deal with. But I do remember through the entire process I was never once afraid for his life, I just prayed and I refused to believe that God would let me down, and he didn't. My dad survived his Cancer!

So now whatever happens I'm going to try and be strong and try my hardest to believe that no matter what happens God will not let my family or myself suffer!

Again Thank you all so much! I feel so much better, happy even. I feel optimistic and what ever happens I'll be okay. I appreciate your kind word and your prayers, I'll keep you in mine as well.

-Dani

Thank you all so much, you women make me feel very loved and calm. Special Thanks to @Nice & Wavy your prayer was the first one I saw the night I wrote this and that night I was a mess!

My grandma is actually doing a lot better, she's been having strokes. The doctors give her about six months months to live because she has a brain tumor that may grow back, and if she suffers another stroke she could go into a coma. However, the doctors also did not think that she would recover from the stroke that put her in the hospital most recently, she did! She's speaking, she happy, she regained the ability to move her leg. And she's back home.

This gives me hope that maybe she can get better. I remember my dad had cancer when I was younger and I didn't understand what it was so it wasn't so hard to deal with. But I do remember through the entire process I was never once afraid for his life, I just prayed and I refused to believe that God would let me down, and he didn't. My dad survived his Cancer!

So now whatever happens I'm going to try and be strong and try my hardest to believe that no matter what happens God will not let my family or myself suffer!

Again Thank you all so much! I feel so much better, happy even. I feel optimistic and what ever happens I'll be okay. I appreciate your kind word and your prayers, I'll keep you in mine as well.

-Dani
This is one of the sweetest posts I've ever read on this forum. You are a lovely young lady and God has great plans for your life!:love2:

It's so good to see that your grandma is doing better....PRAISE THE NAME OF THE LORD!!! God has a work for her to do!

Thank you for coming back and giving us an update...it's a testimony of faith and how prayer causes things to change!

Thank you for praying for me as well!

With lots of love and prayers for you and your family, always.....

N&W

@Danniquin,

I like what you said on the bolded part, I once seen on a Christain based movie......"Will you be angry at the time that you didnt have with that person, or will you be grateful with the time you was able to get with them?"

I hope these words help you!

Last edited:
Back