Hot Oil Treatment after Protein Conditioner?

kandegirl

I want to use my Ultra Sheen Duo Tex tonight but I know my hair is yelling for
a hot oil treatment. Can I do a hot oil treatment after a protein conditioner and skip the moisiturizing conditioner? I know oil isn't moisture but I don't think both a hot oil and moisturizing conditioner are necessary. Let me know.

Note: I'm 8 1/2 weeks post relaxer. This stuff is getting rough!

I don't see why you can't do a hot oil treatment after a protein treatment. It can't hurt. I think that is a great idea. Hot oil and an addtl moisturizing treatment aren't necessary. What you can do is apply a moisturizing leave in and seal with an oil like Keracare essential oils, carrot oil, kemy oyl or coconut oil (my fav:D ).

kandegirl

Thanks for your advice. You know how it is trying some new stuff/techniques and you get nervous. I normally do my hot oil treatments before I shampoo but today I want to do it last (old school way). Just pray for me.

kandegirl

I went ahead and tried it last night. My hair is in a rod set so its acting o.k. It is shinier though. I'm going to have to go back to adding hot oil treatments in my regimen and do them last. Needless to say, my hair didn't shed or break as much afterwards and it felt mosturized.

I used Kenra shampoo, Ultra Sheen Duo Tex, Hot six oil and Salerm 21 and NTM leave in. I rod set my hair so I wouldn't mess with it too much.

Healthb4Length

Kande, I do hot oil treatments from time to time. It does make a difference especially when my hair is extra dry. After my deep condiitoner, before I rinse it out I add warmed oil to my hair let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse,this also makes my hair soft and shiny.