Hooded Dryer Heat Setting...?

Leslie_C

I was wondering what temperature (cool,low,medium,high) u set your hooded dryer on...

for conditioning treatments?

for roller sets, etc?

do u notice any benefits of using one temperature as opposed to another....I mean Im assuming high will dry faster, but is it damaging?
TIA!

I usually use medium for conditioning and high for setting, but wonder should I be using low for conditioning and medium for setting?

KAddy

When I rollerset or do a deep conditioner I put my dryer on medium.

Now today I was kind of in a rush so I dryed my hair about 90% when I rollerset then I sat under the dryer for about 5 mins on high to help it finish drying before I ran out the door. I normally don't use high though because that is too hot for me.

I don't really know of the benefits of changing the setting. I mean I am sure that high isn't the best, but I am just used to using medium.:ohwell:

webby

Think Slim
For conditioning I use medium temps, but roller sets I use the highest temp, because it takes so long to dry. I find that the lower the temp and the less force of the air the longer it takes to dry.

candibaby

I always use medium. The high heat setting makes me feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke. I have a Lady Dazey.

HairQueen

I am currently using high for both but thinking of switching to medium.

It takes 1 hour on high, goodness knows how long medium will take!! Do you guys think that using medium will give me less split ends? I have noticed that when I have my 'break' from protective styling for two weeks after every relaxer when I do my roller sets on high, my hair starts to split again, but then I'm thinking if I put the dryer on medium I am going to have to sit under there for longer so does that note equate to the same amount of damage as high but for a shorter time?? :look:

MissJ

Well, I just got my ion dryer, did my first real deep conditioning and roller set. I used medium heat for both.

karezone

I use high for both on my dryer (Gold n' Hot) and med for conditioning and high for setting on my mom's (lazy dazey)