Honey, You Are Truly All That!

SparklingFlame

Yes ladies, honey is the truth! I never knew how moisturizing honey really is! I mixed honey , EVOO, and water in my spray bottle and sprayed some on my twists and my daughters braids and man, talk about super soft moisturized hair! Yep, another staple will be added to my regiman!

Neroli

That sounds good! I've only used as pre-poo or for extra moisture in my condish, never as leave in. I must try in my spray bottle . . .

Thanks for tip!

carameldiva

ITA- i just started adding honey to my conditioners and deep conditioners and even added it to my garlic shampoo and i totally love it- definitely a staple of mine now.

*Happily Me*

:lol: :lol: I thought you were calling somebody out named Honey.

anyways, thanks for the tip. I'm going to give this a try as i have extremely dry skin.

:)

soslychic

Thanks for this post! I too have only used it as a prepoo or mixed with conditioner. I will try a tiny bit mixed with leave-in.

lovelymissyoli

Awww... I wish I could use honey!! :( I went out and purchased some last year but the smell made me gag (even after I tried mixing it) so I can't use it any longer. It was really moisturizing for my hair though! Any suggestions on how I can lessen the smell? :ohwell:

libralegend

naturallady said:
Yes ladies, honey is the truth! I never knew how moisturizing honey really is! I mixed honey , EVOO, and water in my spray bottle and sprayed some on my twists and my daughters braids and man, talk about super soft moisturized hair! Yep, another staple will be added to my regiman!

how much honey did you add your evoo and water mixture?

thanks for the tip!

SparklingFlame

libralegend said:
how much honey did you add your evoo and water mixture?

thanks for the tip!

I dont know exactly....I put in about an inch of EVOO and about a third of an inch of honey. I made the mistake of not adding enough water and while my hair was very soft that night, it was kinda hard the next morning. So the next day I added a whole lotta water to it and sprayed my hair and it softened it up a lot. Now its good to go!

SparklingFlame

lovelymissyoli said:
Awww... I wish I could use honey!! :( I went out and purchased some last year but the smell made me gag (even after I tried mixing it) so I can't use it any longer. It was really moisturizing for my hair though! Any suggestions on how I can lessen the smell? :ohwell:

Maybe go easy on the amount of honey you use? Hmmm...thats a good question.

Miss*Tress

lovelymissyoli said:
Try using less honey and add a drop or two of a nice smelling essential oil like rose or ylang ylang.