Henna & Sebastian Cellophane

AtlantaJJ

I had an idea... I have this great dark berry color Sebastian Cellophane but now that I'm natural and I co-wash often, the color washes out quickly.

I want to get a more deep berry color with my henna. I was thinking of adding a squirt of Cellophane to my henna mix for that extra color boost because I don't like that orange color henna tends to turn my grays.

I have a batch that I mixed last night with chamomile tea. I was thinking that pigment would blend nicely and Cellophane are not drying at all when used alone. I plan to add some conditioner and some oil to my mix to make my henna more moisturizing and henna gloss like.

Any thoughts :scratchch

isobell

eerr...:look: i'm almost afraid to admit that I do that all the time, i mix my black rinse with my henna and conditioner. I love everything about henna except the weird tinge of red it leaves on my hair and i'm lazy so i figured i'd mix it all together...i even have the nerve to leave it on my hair overnight and my hair has been great...strong and black and hasn't fallen out at all. I just knew i was trifling and now i don't feel so bad because it occured to you to do it as well! :lachen:Anyhoo that's my experience! HTH!

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I am so glad you brought that up--I have thought about doing something like that (like what Isobell did but was too chicken. Cellophanes, huh. I would try it if it is not drying. Where do you get cellophanes?

AtlantaJJ

I am so glad you brought that up--I have thought about doing something like that (like what Isobell did but was too chicken. Cellophanes, huh. I would try it if it is not drying. Where do you get cellophanes?
I got the Cellophanes from Ebay. I think the color is black cherry. I want to take the orange edge off the henna tent. I got to thinking about folks mixing beet powder, all kinds of juices, wine, etc. Why not cellophane :scratchch

AtlantaJJ

eerr...:look: i'm almost afraid to admit that I do that all the time, i mix my black rinse with my henna and conditioner. I love everything about henna except the weird tinge of red it leaves on my hair and i'm lazy so i figured i'd mix it all together...i even have the nerve to leave it on my hair overnight and my hair has been great...strong and black and hasn't fallen out at all. I just knew i was trifling and now i don't feel so bad because it occured to you to do it as well! :lachen:Anyhoo that's my experience! HTH!
:rofl: Laziness is the mother of all invention in my opinion! :lol:

This is great...I'm going for it! :giggle: This will solve one of my life's little issues...

AtlantaJJ

I mixed my batch, and it was yummy. First I mixed the henna with chamomile tea and let the color develop. Then I added EVOO, and Pantene R&N (a little too much) and I added three squirts of the Black Cherry Cellophane. It turned my batch into a beautiful chocolate pudding color.

I think the purple in the Cellophane is going to help tone down the sometimes orange colors in the henna on my grays. It went on really nice and smooth.

This henna from Henna for Hair had the finest sift I have ever felt from henna. Even better than Jamia BAQ. I am going to order 5 pounds of this stuff if it turns out like I think it will.

I am going to sleep in my mix because I messed around and waited to long to get it on. I loved the way my hair felt nice and heavy and my curls turned into cork screws. I can tell I will have zero problems rinsing this out.

Next time the only thing I would do different is put half as much P R&N in to keep the batch a little thicker.

I'll post my results in the morning. :clap:

AtlantaJJ

Any updates on your results, thinking of trying this.
I tried it with a couple of good squirts of the cellophane and I think it got diluted in my batch because I used too much conditioner. So it wasn't a bad experience, I don't think I used enough to be effective.

I think it would be better to do a two step process perhaps, like indigo...the henna first and then the Cellophane if you really want to see the color. That's what I might do next. I don't think it will be harmful at all if your hair is in good conditioner and you have a good handle on maintaining your hair's moisture balance.

I am also thinking of getting some beet powder for my henna batch too and try that out. The violet, purple color will help tone down the orange. I'll find this thread and post my various experiments.

AtlantaJJ

:lol: I found my own thread while researching.

I still use henna and I am able to tone down the orange color by mixing my batch with hibiscus flowers petals and hibiscus tea. I will continue to henna because it helps to keep my scalp healthy.

I'm interested in Cellophane because it really helps to smooth my porous cuticles, and it adds great shine.

The slight bummer is that Sebastian's changed their Cellophane formula. I haven't tried it yet.

Marand13

I never thought to add the cellophane to my henna! im going to try this next time and most likely I will use the the same amount of cellophane that I use when not mixed.

I took me 2 days to finish my last henna & cellophane process. :lol:

AtlantaJJ

I am going to do this as a separate process now.

When I first started this research, I wanted to influence the color of my henna with the Cellophane. Now that I have changed henna brands, and they way I mix my batches, I actually get the wine color that I love with henna alone.

I'm looking for a different effect now. I want to see if the Cellophane will add more volume and weight to my hair by sealing my cuticle like it did in the past.

I just did a BAQ henna this past weekend. I will do a Cellophane in about 2 - 3 weeks. I want to see how my curls react to the Cellophane vs henna. When I first started this thread, I wanted to use the Cellophane to influence my henna color.

AtlantaJJ

I just read the ingredients list for the Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes. On second thought, now that I am more aware of silicons and parabens, I would NOT mix Cellophane into my henna batch. I let my henna sit on my hair for hours, sometimes over night. I would not want to do that with the Cellophane chemical soup in my henna batch.

I would definitely use the Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes separately and I would be very careful not to get it on my scalp. I would only leave it on for the recommended time ( 5 - 30 minutes tops)