Henna question

mkd

I tried cassia last week for the first time and I love it. I have a lot of it but I know that I can find henna locally and everyone says the results are superior. I really don't want to add reddish color to my hair and I know that everyone says if you don't want the color, don't use henna. However, I really want to try henna. Are there ladies who have left henna on for no longer than an hour and got good conditioning without a lot of color deposit?

I tried cassia last week for the first time and I love it. I have a lot of it but I know that I can find henna locally and everyone says the results are superior. I really don't want to add reddish color to my hair and I know that everyone says if you don't want the color, don't use henna. However, I really want to try henna. Are there ladies who have left henna on for no longer than an hour and got good conditioning without a lot of color deposit?

I am no expert but think it depends on the henna you are using. I have used certain hennas that take hours for the color release to happen and some not even an hour. Maybe if you put it on before the color release, it won't color your hair. Again, I am no expert and this is just an opinion.

Ok, I have heard of using heat for an hour, as in under a dryer w/henna on, and getting the same results. When you are using henna for conditioning properties, you don't have to let the die release. At least I don't. I just mix it up and put it on, and go from there.

Ok, I have heard of using heat for an hour, as in under a dryer w/henna on, and getting the same results. When you are using henna for conditioning properties, you don't have to let the die release. At least I don't. I just mix it up and put it on, and go from there.

Do you see any color release? Normally, I would not worry about a little bit of color but I have some blondish and light brown color that I am growing out and i don't want them to turn bright red:perplexed

Hey,

Check out curly nikki's blog at curlynikki.com She's answering henna questions all week and I think she addressed this.

Good luck!

well you dont need color release for the conditioning effects. I leave my henna on for 30 mins & i get great conditioning. I mix my henna with conditioner + yogurt (which slows down the dye release EXTREMELY + adds moisture to hair), and I also add in my mix honey, coconut oil (mainly vatika oil which is 'enriched' coconut oil), and sometimes i add aloe vera into my henna mix. But thats mainly it. But it gives me enough time to have it in my hair for a good hour without any dye. If youre concerned with dye release only henna once a month. Because I henna'd every week eventually after 3-4 months I do notice my hair is getting a bit lighter brown a little bit more reddish but its not to the extreme of someone who has sat the henna in their hair for hours.

Back