HENNA HELP--HENNA EXPERTS GET IN HERE!

I have been using Casia and now I think I want to change my color. I have medium brown hair and want dark brown hair. Since I haven't used Henna before, I was wondering what recipes you ladies who mix henna and indigo use. I usually only use water, olive oil, and conditioner with Casia. Any suggestions?

-What do you add to your henna mix?
-How much henna and indigo do you use to achieve your color?

JLove74

use 2:3 mix of indigo:henna for dark brown. Mix the henna, let the color release. When ready to use mix the indigo with hot water, let it sit for a min or 2 and then add it to henna, mix and apply.:)

JLove74 said:
use 2:3 mix of indigo:henna for dark brown. Mix the henna, let the color release. When ready to use mix the indigo with hot water, let it sit for a min or 2 and then add it to henna, mix and apply.:)

Thanks JLove! What do you mix your henna with?

preciousjewel76

I don't use indigo, but my henna mix is very simple:

50g henna (my hair is just past shoulder length; I'll use more next time around though)
Enough water to make a very thick paste
Let sit for several hours in a warm spot until dye releases

Add about 2 TBS amla/castor/peppermint essential oil blend
Add just enough cheap conditioner (usually V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing Chamomile) the make a mixture the consistency of yogurt

Apply to hair (roots first), let sit for about 2 hours, rinse, conditioner wash to remove all traces of henna, deep condition for at least 30 min afterward.

preciousjewel76 said:
I don't use indigo, but my henna mix is very simple:

50g henna (my hair is just past shoulder length; I'll use more next time around though)
Enough water to make a very thick paste
Let sit for several hours in a warm spot until dye releases

Add about 2 TBS amla/castor/peppermint essential oil blend
Add just enough cheap conditioner (usually V05 Tea Therapy Nourishing Chamomile) the make a mixture the consistency of yogurt

Apply to hair (roots first), let sit for about 2 hours, rinse, conditioner wash to remove all traces of henna, deep condition for at least 30 min afterward.

Thanks so much Preciousjewel!