HELP!!!!!!!!!

in_di_vi_du_al

Ok SO..
I just came back from the African Hair Salon.. I got my long kinky twists taken down..
Needless to say.. Im DEVASTATED! I am currently 17 weeks POST relaxer and I've had my braids in for about 2.5 months..

While the lady was taking my hair down, I felt like she was CUTTING MY HAIR!.. It looks a lot shorter than before.. What am I to do? I do plan on getting a relaxer.. Im currently deep conditioning it now..

Do you think its shrunk?
..or do you think its just.. CUT? Im DEVASTATED!​

Platinum

It could be just shrinkage. My hair used to look shorter after I remove my extension braids (I would always do it myself because I never trust anyone to do it for me). My length would show after I blowdried and flat ironed my hair.

southerncitygirl

probably shrinkage you have quite a bit of new growth, once its relaxed you'll be able to tell. in the future to be on the safe side consider taking out your own twists.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
You won't know until you detangle and get all that shed hair out. In the future set aside a couple of days and take the braids out yourself. It may take more time but nobody will be as careful with your hair like you will. More work but it pays off with less damage from careless stylists

Solitude

She probably did cut your hair. They cut your hair to make it look neat after putting 'em in & they cut your hair to make it faster to take 'em out. You have to be VERY firm when you go to an African braiding shop.

When I used to get extensions (braids, weaves, or twists), I didn't trust ANYBODY to take them down, not even my mama. She cut my hair many times on accident (taking braids out) when I was a kid.

Phaer

If it seems like she cut your hair, you should maybe put the braids back in (in a couple of weeks) that way the pain won't hit you every day. you definately should take the braids down yourself next time. I had a fight with the African braider in September because she wanted to detangle my hair with a rat tail comb. You have to understand that they do not have your best interest at heart, they only want to get your hair braided and move on to the next person.