Help with Hair Type

Hysi

Hello beautiful divas!!!! I need help with my hair type again. The first time I did it incorrectly, so this time my hair is freshly shampooed, product free, and fully dry. I tried not to manipulate it too badly so I wouldn't frizz out, but here goes. BTW, the first pic is just a length check :). Natural 3C?:rolleyes:
TIA!

ETA: If you look at my siggy, you can see where I started. The short flat ironed style is the same short curly doo. and yes, the grays are showing out! LOL

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 214
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
You hair texture is very similar to mine. I think you are a 3b/3c/4a mix. It sucks having three textures...but it makes our hair even more unique!

i Think 3c/4a. The curl pattern is looser like a 3c but the actual texture is a bit more coarse like a 4a. Very pretty:yep:

I'm probably the last person who should wager a guess, but... I think you are a 3b/3c mix with maybe a few 4a curls thrown in for good measure.

i Think 3c/4a. The curl pattern is looser like a 3c but the actual texture is a bit more coarse like a 4a. Very pretty:yep:
The thing is that the typing system we are using does not take texture into account it is based purely on curl size. People with all curl types can have either fine hair or coarse hair or even silky hair or cottony hair . 4a curls are about the size of a chopstick to the size of a coffee stirrer her curls appear larger than that in the pics they look to be about the size of a pencil.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Actually my texture is not course at all, it is mostly more on the finer side??. If that makes sense. It looks frizzed in the pics even though I tried not to, but I did take a nap in a cotton tshirt, lol. Seeing it in person is different. The ends that have color on them frizzes more i've noticed, but the black that grows from my scalp is actually a fine and smooth texture.

I figure I was pretty much leaning towards a mix of all 3 (3b/3c/4a) 3b in the back under layer for sure. it is very wavy back there for some reason. 4a seems to be in the top I have a "cotton" spot. It is still recovering from years of wearing a phony pony with bobby pins in the same spot errday. It has never been right since in that area only. It is also the driest area of my head. and the rest is i believe 3c. ***thx for the typing link****Nubena.

i hate hair typing b/c its so confusing to me lol but if i HAD to pick i'd say you are 3c/4a with possibly a splash of 3b

The thing is that the typing system we are using does not take texture into account it is based purely on curl size. People with all curl types can have either fine hair or coarse hair or even silky hair or cottony hair . 4a curls are about the size of a chopstick to the size of a coffee stirrer her curls appear larger than that in the pics they look to be about the size of a pencil.
I had to thank you twice for this. I feel like a broken record when I say the hair typing system is based SOLELY on curl size. I got some 4a on the side that's silkier than my 3c parts.

Oh, and you look to be 3c, OP. Very pretty hair and lovely color. :grin:

Wow, I'm no hair typing expert, but I definitely think you have 3 textures. I don't think I've ever seen that before! :blush:

I see 3b/3c/4a sized curls.

So you mean the cottony hair doesn't necessarily a 4a make? I was taking texture into account and that spot at the top is where I thought 4a would be, but it has a looser curl than described for 4a. So if that's the case, then I don't have any tiny curls the size of a coffee stirrer. All of my curls are the size of a straw or larger. This is weird. Well then I agree 3c with 3b thrown in. Thanks for helping!:rolleyes:

So you mean the cottony hair doesn't necessarily a 4a make? I was taking texture into account and that spot at the top is where I thought 4a would be, but it has a looser curl than described for 4a. So if that's the case, then I don't have any tiny curls the size of a coffee stirrer. All of my curls are the size of a straw or larger. This is weird. Well then I agree 3c with 3b thrown in. Thanks for helping!:rolleyes:
Thats correct the typing system were using here is all about curl size not texture, or density. The system is so much easier to understand when I researched and found it's all about curl size.

Thats correct the typing system were using here is all about curl size not texture, or density. The system is so much easier to understand when I researched and found it's all about curl size.

Geesh this makes it so much easier. Even though I've read about the typing method, I still want to take texture into account instead of just following the method. At first I thought it was a bit confusing, but when you delete texture- it all makes sense now. Easy breezy. I guess I was one of those that neede someone to say "leave texture out of it!" Now i totally got it. Thx! :rolleyes:

Back