Help! No protein conditioners

net4721

I have been washing my hair 2 times a week, one is a cowash. But all my conditioners have protein in them, and its making my hair hard. Please help me find a moisturizing conditioner and deep conditioner without protein.

tenjoy

maybe your not rinsing the conditioner out or get a creamier leave-in. what are you using?

net4721

Well I have several different condtioners, I'll just give you the list
Tresseme
Nexxus Humectress
Sauve Naturals Lavendar
Paul Mitchell The conditioner leave in (which so far is the best for moisture that I have)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter-Cholestrol-Mango Conditioner
Infusium 23 leave in
Joico detangler leave in
Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm

hothair

What products are you using? Have you tried clarifying first? I alternate my co-washes/ DC between protein and moisture conditioners, so Lustrasilk shea butter(p), then Elasta QP DPR(m), then Aveda DR(p), then Silicon Mix(m). I use ACV once a week to help with build-up.

Other moisture only/ mostly conditioners are Keracare humecto and nexxus humectress. Good luck :)

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Try just usuing your Humectress for a while and see if that helps. Personally, I prefer KeraCare Humecto. Now, if your hair is still feeling hard, try a mositurizer for dry hair with glycerin in it for a while and see if that helps. :)

MariposaSexyGirl

My hair hates protein conditioners for some reason. So I only use moisturizing conditioners like Suave daily moisture conditioneer or aussie moist or suave humectant, Pantene volumizing. However I do prepoo with motions cpr and Keraphix and ORS mayo(of coarse mixed with moisturizind cons). They all have protein. I deep condition with the ors mayo evry now and then. My hair needs moisture more so than protein. Maybe because I have a no-lye.

lunabelle

Try L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Conditioner. It's the best, always softens my hair right up and it smells lovely.:yep:

AtlantaJJ

My hair hates protein conditioners for some reason. So I only use moisturizing conditioners like Suave daily moisture conditioneer or aussie moist or suave humectant, Pantene volumizing. However I do prepoo with motions cpr and Keraphix and ORS mayo(of coarse mixed with moisturizind cons). They all have protein. I deep condition with the ors mayo evry now and then. My hair needs moisture more so than protein. Maybe because I have a no-lye.

This is true!:yep: You can do protein, just follow up with moisture always.

net4721

Thank you for all your responses. I do have ORS replenishing pack, just haven't tried it. I guess I'll have to pull it out and use it.

neonbright

Nexxus, Keracare and a good cheapie to use alone or with another is Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Moist. Conditioner.