Help me strip my hair!!!

Kinky4Agirl

Ladies I have clarified my hair every week for 6 weeks and my hair is never squeaky clean. I have very hard water and I never clarified in my life until 6 weeks ago. So that is over 30 years of build up I guess. Ok here is what I have used...

vo 5 shampoo
baking soda
Ion crystal clarifying treatment

Nothing has worked. My hair still feels soft like it has oil in it when I am done.

I use Aphogee products and I us the 2 step protein treatment before my relaxer. My hair has enough protein and all that... But why doesn't it come squeaky clean???

If you are talking about hard water buildup then you need a chelating shampoo. Chelating shampoos help remove the build up of minerals that hard water leaves behind. Clarifying shampoo on the other hand helps remove dirt/oil/product that has build up in your hair. I have never used a chelating shampoo so I don't have any recommendations but you can check this post out instead.

Also, if it IS a clarifying shampoo you need (and not chelating) try using Mizani Puriphying Shampoo. I bought this on accident one time thinking it was a moisturizing shampoo (pre-LHCF so I didn't know the difference) and my hair was completely stripped and squeaky clean...a little too much because I didn't have any product build up to start with. However, since then I have repurchased this product because now that I am getting product build it I do need it.

bhndbrwneyes, thanks girlfriend. I forgot about that. You are so right. I am going to buy some today. I can't believe I forgot about that. You guys have done it again. I will never leave this site... woo hooo!!!

I use ORS Aloe Shampoo. It is clarifying and chelating. I lather up once and rinse. On my second lather, I let it set on my hair for the duration of my shower. Which is another 15 minutes. I love it. Neutrogena also makes a good clarifying shampoo.

HTH

I use ORS Aloe Shampoo. It is clarifying and chelating. I lather up once and rinse. On my second lather, I let it set on my hair for the duration of my shower. Which is another 15 minutes. I love it. Neutrogena also makes a good clarifying shampoo.

HTH

Does the ORS Aloe Shampoo Leave your hair feeling dry?

I had to wash my hair for like 60 minutes this past Sunday and it still isn't clean. I started shampooing with the Beautiful Textures Shampoo, which has a lot of slip so it wasn't really helping with the gummy feeling that seemed to be coating my hair. I switched over to KeraPro shampoo and it lifted some of the gunk but my hair still isn't completely clean. I have come to the realization that I have very fine hair and it can't take a whole lot of "crap" on it. I have been moisturizing my hair using the LOC method, so co-washing and gentle shampoos aren't going to cut it all the time. I'm going to have to clarify at least once per month.

Thanks for all the replies ladies.. I found ION hard water shampoo... I am going to use it this weekend along with ion crystal clarifying treatment. Now if that does not do it, nothing will....

Nexxus aloe rid is a great chelating shampoo. I used to use it when my hair was relaxed to remove the minerals that no lye relaxers deposit on the hair.

Back