Help Me Pick a New Cut, Please!!

God_Favor

Help Me Pick a New Cut-4 Damage Scalp (pic)....

After many, many, MANY setbacks I've decided to return to a relaxer and get a cut hair cut, I rocked the "Halley Berry" cut 4 about 5 years and I want 2 go back 2 that length my problem is during the time I had really short locks I really abused my hair and scalp which resulted in a permanent bald spot at the center of my head. My hair now covers the spot but with the new cut in mind I wonder if the spot can be hidden...I really want the shot spiky look do you ladies think it's possible????? If not what kind of cut do you think would work w/ my issue???????????????

Here are a few pics (not the best but gives an idea)>>>>>

1st few with spot hidden

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

God_Favor

I hate to bump my on thread but my appointment is in the morning....Know I'm not a regular poster but you ladies advice is greatly needed!!!
TIA

znapps

I can only wish you luck with this one.

Is your appointment with a stylist recommended by someone you trust?

You should definitely let the stylist consult you on the best way to cover the bald spot....

Good Luck! (pouring some out for your soon to be former hair...)

God_Favor

I can only wish you luck with this one.

Is your appointment with a stylist recommended by someone you trust?

You should definitely let the stylist consult you on the best way to cover the bald spot....

Good Luck! (pouring some out for your soon to be former hair...)

Thanks! Yeah she specializes in short hair, she does a friend of mines hair......

cmw45

I don't think you should go Halle Berry short if you want to keep the spot covered...maybe a Nia Long looks instead?

God_Favor

I don't think you should go Halle Berry short if you want to keep the spot covered...maybe a Nia Long looks instead?

I was thinking a little longer 2 but I really won't to go a little shorter than that.. Maybe that will be my only option??? Thanks 4 ur reply!

creolebeauty

I think the spot might show if you get a short spiky hair style. But some stylist are so good, they can camouflage almost any hair damage.

Do you like the conservative mohawk or pompadour short cuts. I tried to find a pic, but the ones I saw were very elaborate. Or maybe you can get it spiky in the front, and the center and back can be a little longer with layered spiky flips.

I wish I could be more help, but I don't know much about different hairstyles.

I hope you are able to get the style you want.

God_Favor

I think the spot might show if you get a short spiky hair style. But some stylist are so good, they can camouflage almost any hair damage.

Do you like the conservative mohawk or pompadour short cuts. I tried to find a pic, but the ones I saw were very elaborate. Or maybe you can get it spiky in the front, and the center and back can be a little longer with layered spiky flips.

Great ideas!! Friends keep telling me the spiky will not work because of the spot, and I totally understand what they are saying.......Im looking for pics of the styles you metioned now, THANKS!!!!

dillard

what about this angela basset look? i don't know if it's longer than you wanted but it's really cute!! and it looks nice and blunt on the ends plus long enough on the top, it would be a good start to healthy hair.

Attachments

• angelaB.jpg
    angelaB.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 20

God_Favor

what about this angela basset look? i don't know if it's longer than you wanted but it's really cute!! and it looks nice and blunt on the ends plus long enough on the top, it would be a good start to healthy hair.

That is too cute!!!!! But since Im cutting it off I want to go ALL the way short but that style is long enough on top to cover my booboo..maybe I can do that style with the sides and back shorter..................THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God_Favor

Thanks for the replies!!!! I'm leaning toward the Angela Basset pic dillard posted with the sides and nape shorter........Thanks again 4 ur help in this big decision my last relaxer was 2 years ago and I let my relaxed ends go Dec 06 so I more nervous about the relaxer than cut...................

This may be a better pic of spot it was kind hard putting the bush to the side to see a clearer pic....................

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 7

newflowers

I can make no contribution to the style issue, but I will suggest that you try Boundless Tresses to grow hair in the bald spot. I have great success with my hair growing faster, and I know other ladies have filled in spots and edges using BT. I will also suggestion Folligen - it's a copper peptide treatment that, when combined with emu oil to provide deeper absorption of the peptides, will help repair the scalp and make hair grow. Various studies show emu oil penetrates deeper and will "wake up" hair follicles. While I have no experience with it, there are also ladies who use the monoxidil and the one for yeast infections - these are working for people.

Perhaps after the cut, you can really focus on growing hair in the spot.

Good luck.

God_Favor

I can make no contribution to the style issue, but I will suggest that you try Boundless Tresses to grow hair in the bald spot. I have great success with my hair growing faster, and I know other ladies have filled in spots and edges using BT. I will also suggestion Folligen - it's a copper peptide treatment that, when combined with emu oil to provide deeper absorption of the peptides, will help repair the scalp and make hair grow. Various studies show emu oil penetrates deeper and will "wake up" hair follicles. While I have no experience with it, there are also ladies who use the monoxidil and the one for yeast infections - these are working for people.

Perhaps after the cut, you can really focus on growing hair in the spot.

Good luck.

Thanks~! I will look into your recommendations ASAP !

Jaegermany

I think you can still go as short as you want. Just have her cut around the spot. And style your cut in a way to cover the spot. Im sure it would look great!

An old stylist that used to do my hair when it was short would curl my hair all over and then take some Aveda control paste or Anti Humectant rub it in her hands and kinds mess up the curls by taking her hands and grabbing some hair and closing your hands hard to describe but it resulted in the PERFECT Halle look!

Good luck mama!

By the way I think your in a great position if you get a bald spot while you have a cut its harder to find ways to cover it. BUT if you are cutting your hair around the bald spot you can tailor it!

God_Favor

I think you can still go as short as you want. Just have her cut around the spot. And style your cut in a way to cover the spot. Im sure it would look great!

An old stylist that used to do my hair when it was short would curl my hair all over and then take some Aveda control paste or Anti Humectant rub it in her hands and kinds mess up the curls by taking her hands and grabbing some hair and closing your hands hard to describe but it resulted in the PERFECT Halle look!

Good luck mama!

By the way I think your in a great position if you get a bald spot while you have a cut its harder to find ways to cover it. BUT if you are cutting your hair around the bald spot you can tailor it!

Thanks soooooo much I needed this last bit of confidence before my big day!! Your post has made me feel so much better, just got off the phone w/ my mom and she is trying to talk me out of it ----last time I went home she talked about my fro (avatar) now all of the sudden she loves it and I should keep it.. Well I'm off to get my relaxer and cut, I will post pic in my album 4 those who are interested. Thanks again ladies!

cg92

I would suggest seeing a dermatologist for your bald spot or try Rogaine. Right now your hair looks thick and you probably cant see your spot, but once it's relaxed and straight it will be a different story. Definitely talk it over with your stylist to ensure she can cut it the way you want and if it will work to cover your spot. Good luck and don't forget to post you new haircut pics.