HELP ME! finding a non sulfate free clarifying shampoo from Whole Foods

QueenNefi

I mean a sulfate free shampoo.

Please help with suggestions finding a good sulfate (as natural as possible) shampoo from Whole Food. I was so lost the last time I went there looking for clarifying shampoo. I am relaxed and 11 weeks into a stretch. I live in Florida and the humidity and sweat is making my hair extra ____(fill in the blank) I turn to Neutragena clarifying shampoo when I can't take it anymore but there are sulfates and who knows what else.

Please help with suggestions.

Last edited:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Does it HAVE to be from Whole Foods? I use Aveda's Hair Detoxifier; it get's my scalp clean, removes all the buildup, and still leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized.

P.S - I live in Florida so I know what you mean about this humidity. We just got hit with a heat advisory and I'm doing my best to stay in and not mess up this fresh rollerset :nono:

QueenNefi

Does it HAVE to be from Whole Foods? I use Aveda's Hair Detoxifier; it get's my scalp clean, removes all the buildup, and still leaves my hair feeling soft and moisturized.

P.S - I live in Florida so I know what you mean about this humidity. We just got hit with a heat advisory and I'm doing my best to stay in and not mess up this fresh rollerset :nono:

Where can I find Aveda? I don't want to order online. I am just looking for something that I can run out and buy in the South Florida area.

lala

I use Kinky Curly's sulfate-free shampoo (sold at Whole Foods) and it's really gentle.

rockstar

I'm not quite sure if you can find it at Whole Foods, but Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo. I'm not really sure if this shampoo is a "clarifying" shampoo, but it does remove build up from my hair.

naturalgyrl5199

I'm not quite sure if you can find it at Whole Foods, but Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo. I'm not really sure if this shampoo is a "clarifying" shampoo, but it does remove build up from my hair.

I use the Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying Moisturizing Shampoo from Wal Mart...its like 7.97. Sometimes you can find it for 5.00 on sale....The Tea Tree Triple Treat is also there too. They're both sulfate free....The 50:50 does a great job of clarifying without drying out. My hair is BSB and I don't need much for a good result....HTH!

DrC

How about using a Shikaikai bar? Its natural, doesn't contains sulfates and you can buy a bar for about 2 dollars at your local Indian store.

rockstar

I use the Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying Moisturizing Shampoo from Wal Mart...its like 7.97. Sometimes you can find it for 5.00 on sale....The Tea Tree Triple Treat is also there too. They're both sulfate free....The 50:50 does a great job of clarifying without drying out. My hair is BSB and I don't need much for a good result....HTH!

I haven't tried to 50:50 Shampoo, but I LOVE the conditioner for detangling. As soon as it goes on my hair, it makes it so easy to comb through.

I found the Tea Tree Triple Treat for only $4.99 at TJMAXX.

OP, I also looked up the qualities of the Tea Tree Triple Treat, and it is made to remove dirt and build up. Good luck finding a shampoo.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
For future reference, though it is not labeled as a clarifier, I find that Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo strips my hair nicely as a clarifying 'poo would.

Nonie

I was just coming to recommend Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying Moisturizing Shampoo. I get it at Wegman's or the Vitamin Shoppe.

NaturalEnigma

EO's Lavender clarifying shampoo is great, for getting rid of build up. It gently cleanses the hair, leaving it soft, light and bouncy. I love it.