HELP! Info needed on hair growth

Amber3205

Okay so i new to this whole hair growth thing :sad:
I’ve been stuck in the whole Black girl can’t have long hair till recently I’ve discovered this site and now I’m so determined!! I want it I need it I will achieve it.... But I have a slight Problem HOW??? Do I achieve this my hair is currently neck length[ill upload pics later] I’ve recently had it washed and trimmed so I’m ready to learn...I usually get my perm every month Until recently I haven’t had a perm since April:gorgeous:..And i feeling good but I have one problem my crap is shedding like crazy and I can’t stop it. Every time I touch my hair I get some hair on my hand. I’ve recently order the HAIRFINITY package just waiting to receive it but I want to make sure I go in knowing how to use it and how to properly care for my hair.

I’m currently deployed so my products are limited but I can order stuff online so :ohwell: HELPPPPP MEEE

:whipped:<--- this smiley is really disturbing 0_o

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

Hi Amber3205 :)

When i first starting growing out my hair in 2005 it was ear length & shaved in the back. I honestly feel that I should have alot more length than I have now but it was one important thing that I wasnt doing. PROTECTIVE STYLES.....I didnt start PSing till about a year & a half ago and ever since then I have been seeing growth.

I dont know how you feel about protecte styles.....just styles that basically hide your hair but its very beneficial....if you dont mind wearing braids, weaves/wigs then this(protective styles) would be good for you :)

I know more ladies will come in with some other great advice :)

carameldimples

I say do the basics since you are deployed. Wash/condition(protein and moisture)/co-wash, Moisturize and seal and minimize heat. Once you get back stateside you can do more protective styling. The main thing you can do starting off though is stay out of it and handle it gently when detangling. No small combs, no heat and moisture goes a long way for most people starting out. Once you get more length you can bun, since that is within regulations and keeps your moisturized ends protected. Good luck and welcome aboard!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Hi Amber! :wave:

I'm glad you found some resources that prove that black girls can have healthy hair! Keep reading, join some challenges, and the growth will come. :)