Help for my mom's hair .... breakage isues

My mother has a 1" square of breakage on her crown. She is trying to figure out what the cause is ...

Possible reason #1. At her last touch up her stylist was talking on his cell phone while flat ironing her hair. He started acting funny like he did something wrong, played it off like everything was OK and then charged her less than usual for a touch up. (I think it's his fault)

Possible reason #2. My mom bought a hooded dryer from walmart and has been roller setting her hair. She thinks the tension from the rollers and the heat from her hooded dryer has caused the breakage at her crown. She has been roller setting her hair for a couple of months now. Has anyone experienced breakage at the crown from rollers and hooded dryers?

I think it was her stylist but she is suspect of her dryer ... what do you ladies think??

ETA: I guess I should add chemical damage to a possible reason but her scalp and the rest of her hair is healthy so I can't really say.

Last edited:

msjones

I would DEFINITELY blame the stylist--only because I once used a too hot curling iron, and the whole section just burned right off--im sure a careless stylist could do the same thing....:nono:

Songbirdb

I would say the stylist but also depending on the hooded dryer, its possible for the hair to get caught up in the holes up top (that was happening to me) and it would pull hairs off... if the hood isn't deep enough. But I still think the stylist