Heat cap cause natural hair to tangle

Miosy

I just read on "growafrohairlong"
"unprocessed afro textured hair, (natural) the electric heating cap will make combing the hair out a task because the heat from the cap draws the hair up tighter- which can lead to a tighter coil and breakage."

I find this interesting because I have my hair texturized and I stop using heat with my deep conditioners because it would tangle up badly and even worst when my new growth comes in. I just put a cap and leave it on for an hour or more. I thought this was interesting stuff because this explains the reason my hair tangled up whenever I applied heat to my conditioner
think.gif

I've deep conditioned with and without heat with little or no tangles and breakage. I wash, condition and rinse my hair in sections. When I do this, I don't have to comb my hair at all. I only use the tail end to section my hair for twists.
smile.gif

I found this to be true a long time ago, I just stopped using heat with my condits. (for the occassional hard core protein treatment i use heat). I found that the heat drew my hair back into itself causing taNgles.

[ QUOTE ]
I've deep conditioned with and without heat with little or no tangles and breakage. I wash, condition and rinse my hair in sections. When I do this, I don't have to comb my hair at all. I only use the tail end to section my hair for twists.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, ditto! I use heat, sometime a heat cap and my hair is really soft and detangled and I never comb or brush - fingercomb only. Maybe it depends how slippery the conditioner is.

I've noticed that my tangly new growth and underprocessed hair are easier to comb when I condition wash in 4+ braided sections with just 1 product like Elucence MB conditioner and then comb out.

A shampoo before, or 30-60 minutes under the bonnet dryer, or using a protein conditioner after the Elucence often reduces the slip and increases the tangles.

Less is more?

[ QUOTE ]
beana3 said:
I found this to be true a long time ago, I just stopped using heat with my condits. (for the occassional hard core protein treatment i use heat). I found that the heat drew my hair back into itself causing taNgles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here
frown.gif

I only use the heat on warm instead of quite warm and this seems to solve the problem as well as give some warmth to the conditioner.
wink.gif
HTH Bonjour

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
I just read on "growafrohairlong"
"unprocessed afro textured hair, (natural) the electric heating cap will make combing the hair out a task because the heat from the cap draws the hair up tighter- which can lead to a tighter coil and breakage."

I find this interesting because I have my hair texturized and I stop using heat with my deep conditioners because it would tangle up badly and even worst when my new growth comes in. I just put a cap and leave it on for an hour or more. I thought this was interesting stuff because this explains the reason my hair tangled up whenever I applied heat to my conditioner
think.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried doing a cold water rinse to closed the cuticles?

Hi Mahalialee.......
wave.gif
wave.gif

I find this very interesting--sometimes my deep conditioner works better w/o heat.....

Back