Healthy Hair Practices Are Uncool to society.

Ya I get tired of seeing women with bone straight breaking off hair that looks like a spike with a ponytail and then saying stuff like that.

all these little bitty hair care sites poppin up and people are STILL on this bs? smdh. i guess lurkin the boards so much made me think hair care in the real world was gettin better

My brother (who's hair is about 3c) told his gf that they hoped their daughter got his hair b/c he wanted the baby to have "good hair." So then she goes, "But my hair isn't bad," and he replies, "But it ain't good."

The baby was born in Sept. and he's so glad the baby got his hair and her complexion (lighter).:nono:

^omg. stuff like that really gets on my nerves. that's why i WANT my kid to have 4c hair and charcoal skin!

My brother (who's hair is about 3c) told his gf that they hoped their daughter got his hair b/c he wanted the baby to have "good hair." So then she goes, "But my hair isn't bad," and he replies, "But it ain't good."

The baby was born in Sept. and he's so glad the baby got his hair and her complexion (lighter).:nono:

LOL at your brother telling her "but it aint good". :lachen:

I don't know what's wrong with AA ladies and healthy hair practices.

I feel I can do whatever I please while I'm here overseas and no one is the wiser because we are so few and far between here in Italy.

I know in 2 years when I go back to the states my friends and family will be looking at me sideways like :perplexed :ohwell::look::nono: at my crazy hair practices.

I try to school them but they DON'T CARE!!!!

Last edited:

yeah my boyfriend tried to pull some nonsense comment out of his mouth like that one day. I gave him the nastiest look I knew how to give and lets just say I never heard that trash out of his mouth again.... I don't play that mess. If My baby(future..not preggie :) ) isn't good enough with MY hair and MY completion then take ya Arse on!!!

yeah my boyfriend tried to pull some nonsense comment out of his mouth like that one day. I gave him the nastiest look I knew how to give and lets just say I never heard that trash out of his mouth again.... I don't play that mess. If My baby(future..not preggie :) ) isn't good enough with MY hair and MY completion then take ya Arse on!!!

I know that's right!!!

I was just thinking about this shirt I saw once that said:

I Know I've Got That Good Hair...I've Got African In Me

I need that shirt

I love that! Part of the reason I went natural was because of my stylist back home in Chicago. He is a pretty popular stylist that loves soft, long hair and has no problem telling you when you need a relaxer if it doesn't fit in his vision of beautiful hair. When you have just a little bit of new growth he is telling you "It's about that time". To me it didn't make sense to get a relaxer when he was just going to flat iron my hair to the point where it looked newly relaxed so I began to realize that it wasn't about my new growth, it was about the fact he didn't want to take any extra time to straighten my hair than he had to. With me he says this jokingly, but apparently he has a bad habit of this because I saw on City Search a bunch of comments from customers that he offended by telling them he either does not do natural hair or not hiding the fact he doesn't like doing natural hair.

I now have a stylist here in LA that flat out told me she would kick my butt if I broke down and put a relaxer in my hair once I told her I was transitioning and even took time to walk me through what I needed to know to transition (although I've gotten the best tips here:wink2:). She doesn't even take that much time to style my hair than my old stylist, she just has take time detangling which I know he would not do.

I think the reason a lot of stylist push us to relax is it takes less time for them thus more time for more clients.

I am so pleased that I don't have to listen to that rubbish anymore. Praise Jesus, and people wonder why they are loosing their hair. It is such a shame.

Back