Has Anyone Heard of This Product? Is it bogus?

TwistNMx

ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.
THANK YOU.
HP

Product Details :huh:

This product is truly magical. This aromatic lotion (hints of Kiwi fruit linger in the air) is so powerful it will straighten, texturize, detangle, add volume, fight frizz and protect hair from heat styling. Each ingredient has been specifically chosen to smooth and straighten hair without stripping natural oils, yet lets you create a salon-quality look at home.

I have to confess, when I use this product all of my friends think that I had my hair professionally styled.

Is there more? Of course. There always is with Mine products. This fabulous peachy/pink colored smoothing lotion will straighten curly or wavy hair with the flick of a brush and a blast of the blow dryer, protecting your hair the entire time from heat damage with specially formulated ingredients.

Does it work? As a naturally "wavy head" I can tell you that I get "salon quality", stick straight, shiny, soft sensuous hair every time I use the Smooth Sailing. Mine made sure that the Smooth Sailing is perfect for color or chemically treated hair. Even better, this hot new product is humidity resistant.

The Smooth Sailing is so versatile you can use it to either blow dry curls into straight shining hair or you can use it to air dry beautiful defined curls and waves. Your hair will feel soft, light and airy. The shine will just knock your socks off.

The Smooth Sailing is great for rapid speed brush and blow drying straight styling It also adds great versatility for use on air dryed hair which provides beautiful curl and wave definition. If you hair goes wild with waves, curls or frizz you can tame it with love Smooth Sailing.

The Smooth Sailing is bottled in a very cool looking crystal clear, graphically clean container, that shows you the quality of the product. A user-friendly spout allows you to easily dispense the perfect amount of Smooth Sailing for your needs without worrying about lost caps or messy spills. Perfect for travel.

Mine's products are unlike any hair care that you can imagine. The "good for your hair" amino acids are combined with aromatic Kiwi Fruit so that your hair smells great, looks great and feels better than ever.
Mine products are never tested on animals and they are always recyclable.

Neroli

I don't know this item and it sounds good, but I always buy products based on the ingredients. Does it list the ingredients?

TwistNMx

Neroli said:
I don't know this item and it sounds good, but I always buy products based on the ingredients. Does it list the ingredients?

No. I could not find them. That's one of the reasons I posted this.
I guess I must remember that old adage....If it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is".

Kimberly

When I opened your thread, the logo and whatnot on the bottle looked very famliar so I did a search on the net. I had little bottle/vial of their Moonshots years ago and it seems that I remember it working pretty well. Someone had given it to me, though (maybe in a goody bag from the Southern Women's Show in Memphis or something like that).

Here's the info from the website about the Smooth Sailing:

5 Reasons Why Your Hair Can't Live Without Me:
· I'm a non-chemical smoothing glaze.
· I'm designed to straighten, reduce frizz and protect hair from heat.
· I can be used daily due to my non-drying formula.
· Humidity resistant.
· To enhance shine and conditioning, add 3-6 drops of Moonshot solution.

Tips:
· After shampooing, apply to damp hair.
· Massage glaze into palm of hands and spread evenly through hair from roots to ends.
· Activate with heat or let dry naturally.

Ingredients: Matricaria extracts, kiwi fruit extracts, henna extracts, wheat amino acids.

It sounds pretty good. $15.50 for 8 ozs.

TwistNMx

Kimberly said:
When I opened your thread, the logo and whatnot on the bottle looked very famliar so I did a search on the net. I had little bottle/vial of their Moonshots years ago and it seems that I remember it working pretty well. Someone had given it to me, though (maybe in a goody bag from the Southern Women's Show in Memphis or something like that).

· Humidity resistant.

Tips:
· Massage glaze into palm of hands and spread evenly through hair from roots to ends.

Ingredients: Matricaria extracts, kiwi fruit extracts, henna extracts, wheat amino acids.

Is this the same product though? It's called "Mine Straightening Glaze".

HoneyDew

Kimberly said:

· Humidity resistant.

Tips:

I can't see it having just those ingredients. There has to be some kind of base like water or silicone, I would think. :look:

Neroli

HoneyDew said:
I can't see it having just those ingredients. There has to be some kind of base like water or silicone, I would think. :look:

I was thinking the same thing . . .

Kimberly

High Priestess said:
Is this the same product though? It's called "Mine Straightening Glaze".

Yep, the Smooth Sailing Straightening Glaze...I'll pull the site back up and post the link

Kimberly

HoneyDew said:

That's all they have listed under ingredients on their website. Wouldn't it be great if that were all the ingredients...?

The site is:

www.mineproducts.com

HoneyDew

I emailed them to at least ask about the base and if it contains silicone.

This was the response.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:26 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Smooth Sailing Straightening Glaze

Tammy Hi!!!
The Smooth Sailing Straightening Glaze, is water based. No silicone added.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Nagia Ortiz
(561) 8450444

HoneyDew

High Priestess said:
I sure hope they decide to disclose their ingredients.
Some companies claim this is confidential. :ohwell:

Yeah, I called Fantiasia IC once to ask for the ingredients of a product and they told me that they don't give that out via email or phone. :look: She did send me some samples though. :)

Kimberly

HoneyDew said:
Yeah, I called Fantiasia IC once to ask for the ingredients of a product and they told me that they don't give that out via email or phone. :look: She did send me some samples though. :)

OT: HoneyDew, that protective style looks cute...shiny, healthy hair is always fabulous.

HoneyDew

Kimberly said:
OT: HoneyDew, that protective style looks cute...shiny, healthy hair is always fabulous.

Thanks! I am trying my best to keep my hair up. I must say ends are doing much better for it. I have had it up everyday for about 3 weeks now. Just in that short time, the protective styles and extra moisturizing have pretty much eliminated those infamous little hairs that snap off sometimes during the day.

MizaniMami

HoneyDew said:
Thanks! I am trying my best to keep my hair up. I must say ends are doing much better for it. I have had it up everyday for about 3 weeks now. Just in that short time, the protective styles and extra moisturizing have pretty much eliminated those infamous little hairs that snap off sometimes during the day.

OT-How long do you plan to keep up your protective styling? You hair looks very shiny and healthy!

TwistNMx

HoneyDew said:

Thanks HoneyDew for checking. I did not know that Fantiasia IC was their company.
Now I want samples :lol:
Thanks,
HP
PS. BTW, your protective style does look very nice.