Has anyone gave their hair to locs of love

TRYING2GROW

or though about it. I mean it's some really long hair on here. And u can always grow it back. I'm really thinking about growing my hair out. And then donating it to locs of love. I mean their are black kids out there that have lost their hair to illness. I know it would take a couple of years. But, I think it' well worth it.

I am not sure if they think that perm is the same as relaxer but it seems like they would not make a difference being that they are both chemicals. I could be wrong, but do relaxers contain more harmful chemicals otherwise I don't see a difference.

And I could see myself donating hair if it gets below waist length. I'm not sure if my hair can grow past waist length but if it does, I wouldn't mind cutting it to mbl.:yep:

I Would personally never donate anything to them. Locks of love is a WELL KNOWN scam.

They only use about 20-25% of the hair that they are given, and the rest... they SELL to weave/wig companies, and make 100% profit off of.

I Would personally never donate anything to them. Locks of love is a WELL KNOWN scam.

They only use about 20-25% of the hair that they are given, and the rest... they SELL to weave/wig companies, and make 100% profit off of.

I've read the same.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:. That is funny but at the same time horrible.. I cut my hubby hair. He had waistlength locks. I wanted to donate to locks of luv. I am sure they will not sell this to the BSS. LOL

I've heard the same.:yep:

I was loud and wrong :lol:

But that's interesting. I had no idea they did that.

I personally know a woman who donated 7 inches of her hair to them. She said that for her New Year's Resolution, she decided to do something for someone that she did not know. She said that it came to her in a dream that she should donate her hair. She said that people were having fits and asking her "why". Her hair was still APL even after she cut it to give you an idea of how long her hair was (she was African-American too). I brought up to her that Loc's of Love was rumored to be a scam and she said that it didn't matter to her and that the whole point was so that someone she didn't know could benefit from something she gave them and how good it made her feel that she had the courage to do it unselfishly. If I'm not mistaken, I think she said they sent her a pic of the girl her hair made a wig for.

Back