Has anyone ever used this product?

Kinkyhairlady

http://curlykinks.com/Coil-Jam.html

The gel looks similar to kinky curly but her results look better than what kcc gives. I would like to here reviews from those who have used it.

The YouTube video is called curly kinks product application demo.

suns4i6e

I ordered a sample of this product and received it very quickly. It is indeed very similar to KCCC, however there are some key differences for me.
  • It doesn't spread quite as easily as KCCC
  • It doesn't provide as firm a hold as KCCC
A firm hold for me is important because it's the only way I can be assured multiple day hair. I find KCCC moisturizing and this did not feel as moisturizing to me. The maker of this gel says it has a warm vanilla scent. I'm not sure that's what it smells like to me, but it isn't unpleasant. Considering the price with shipping is only a bit less expensive than KCCC, it will not replace my HG styler. Bear in mind, these are my initial thoughts in that I have only tried it once. I will try to get another usage out of the sample and see if my viewpoint changes.

Kinkyhairlady

I ordered a sample of this product and received it very quickly. It is indeed very similar to KCCC, however there are some key differences for me.
  • It doesn't spread quite as easily as KCCC
  • It doesn't provide as firm a hold as KCCC
A firm hold for me is important because it's the only way I can be assured multiple day hair. I find KCCC moisturizing and this did not feel as moisturizing to me. The maker of this gel says it has a warm vanilla scent. I'm not sure that's what it smells like to me, but it isn't unpleasant. Considering the price with shipping is only a bit less expensive than KCCC, it will not replace my HG styler. Bear in mind, these are my initial thoughts in that I have only tried it once. I will try to get another usage out of the sample and see if my viewpoint changes.

Thank you the review! Does not sound like it is all that great.

suns4i6e

Thank you the review! Does not sound like it is all that great.

Kinkyhairlady, please don't judge based on my review; wait until you hear some more. My hair is picky beyond belief, which is why I often only comment when it loves something. It's not a bad product but for the price, I really wish it did something that KCCC doesn't already provide. I think I am asking too much.

suns4i6e

I'm glad this thread was bumped because lately I've revisited this product and find that I like it very much. I'm still playing with it but it does provide results similar to my beloved KCCC. What is different and nice is that it truly dries with a soft, relatively crunch free hold. I still top it with a bit of KCCC for shine and more hold, but I top Everything with KCCC. For those on the fence, I would suggest purchasing samples.