Has anyone done this? (wrapping/baggy technique)

I did my own "remix" of the baggy technique this week... I can't tell yall how shiney my hair has been cuz of it!

See my problem in the past with pressing was retaining moisture, but then I would slap grease on it, then it would be heavy and weighed down, or just not what I wanted it to be...

So... This week every night I parted my hair into 4 sections, applied a dime size dab to each section, combed thru, wrapped, then I used a silk band instead of scarf to hold the wrap. After that I slept with a shower cap (baggy) instead of silk scarf... Just cuz I thought about u guys :grin:

Every day my otherwise dry hair has been silky shiny until I get off work... At around 7 it still gets dry, but drastically less than usual!

Last night I did it with a castor oil blend by accident (reached into the wrong jar in my super sleepy stupor :wallbash:), but my hair is crazy soft today, regardless of my itchy face and neck abd scalp (castor allergy)...

Anyone else doing this? Anyone see a problem with it?

After I wash and repress I'm gonna keep doing this unless someone tells me its not good for my hair... I think this would be good for naturals who press and relaxed heads who are having trouble retaining moisture and can't use water based products w/o reversion

I think Msa uses Castor oil to seal her wet hair (no other product applied). I believe she's also baggied with it. Doesn't seem to hurt her to do this.

I think Msa uses Castor oil to seal her wet hair (no other product applied). I believe she's also baggied with it. Doesn't seem to hurt her to do this.

Yup...I don't do it as much anymore but it works.

I don't know about baggying on dry hair with castor oil though, I've never done that. But I doubt it would hurt your hair.

I'm surprised you didn't sweat your hair out wearing a plastic cap to bed over your straight hair.

there is no way I could sleep with a shower cap on after pressing and not have to wash it out in the morning. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing as long as you do not use heat daily to get the pressed look back. I think most naturals do this when their hair is curly. I have heard of relaxed girls doing this though.

what was the castor oil blend? I don't think it would hurt your hair but inquiring minds would like to know.

Wow. Your thread took me back to grade school days. My mother used to put a sandwich bag over my head at night, but she would rip it open at the top to let the excess moisture escape. She gets an A+ coz she kept my natural hair down to my back until I took over and broke it all off :D

Thanks for sharing - will try this when next I straighten but maybe with saran wrap over a silk band/ scarf :scratchch

Back