Hair wash ideas

alireno

Just wanted to start this thread so that we can all share any ideas we may have in reference to our hair washing routines. I wash my hair every fourth day. Each time I use shampoo, protein conditioner, moisturizing conditioner, and a leave-in conditioner. I always air-dry my hair. On the last hair wash day of each month, I wash my hair with a neutralizing or clarifying shampoo so that I can start the next month with a fresh head of hair!

Integrity

great thread!

if the conditioner is meant to be kept on for say 15 minutes, you can avoid being stuck under the dryer but just staying there for 5 minutes on high setting if you can stand it and then keep the cap on for the next half hour. you will also get a nice hair steam treatment as the hair cools plus you can save energy.

azul11

i have a big bottle of neutralizing shampoo and i wasnt even sure if you could use to clarify. i always wondered if this would do something bad for the hair. what is the purpose of it outside of washing out a relaxer? God bless you all.

butterscotch

This is a great thread!

I'm new to the forum so I'll keep it short.

I get my hair washed every saturday as follows:

Motions CPR shampoo, alternate conditioners between Nexxus Keraphix and Dudley's Q Hair Rebuilder (sit under the dryer for 15 minutes). Leave-in treatment Lacio Lacio (Dominican product - my favorite) AND a little Infusium 23. Roller set, wrap when dry, and I'm out the door!

butterscotch

Azul11,

I forgot to reply to your question about neutralizing shampoo. I used to use it as a regular shampoo because it made my hair feel really clean, even more so than using regular shampoo. If you decide to try this, just make sure you follow-up with a eally great moisturizing conditioner Like Nexxus Humectress or udley's Q Hair Rebuilder.

G

I usually wash 2x per week, or once a week if I'm being lazy.
1st wash consists of: shampoo, regular condition and style
2nd wash consists of: pre-treat, shampoo, deep conditioner and style

ms_kenesha

I wash between 1 and 2xs a week. Once a week I wash with Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo and use the Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment, then follow with the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner for 1 min and then rinse that out and add more as my leave-in. When I get the feeling I'll do a pre-poo treatment with coconut oil or olive oil (lately been using coconut since I'm out of olive). If it's the week after a touch-up I'll use the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair and then follow that up with the Elucence EMR Treatment, Suave Coconut Conditioner and then use the Elucence MB Conditioner as a leave-in. If I wash 2xs in the week the second wash is a co-wash with the Suave Coconut Conditioner and the Elucence MB as a leave in.

Crysdon

Great ideas ladies!

I only have time to wash once a week, but will make it 3 times in the Summer w/daily rinsing.

Everytime I either shampoo or conditioner wash, moisturizing conditioner mixed w/olive oil, coconut oil on damp tresses and just plain ole distilled water in place of a leave in. Majority of the time I roller-set my hair. When I feel build-up, I rinse my hair with an ACV rinse.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Here's my routine: I wash my hair 2x a month with Renewal 5x for permed/colored treated hair, do a ACV rinse to remove residue. Sometimes I do a hot oil treatment once a month before I shampoo. I deep condition my hair with either Renewal 5x Hydration Therapy, or a mixture of Aussie 3 Minute Reconstructor, sunflower oil and peppermint EO. I wear a conditioning cap with the product on my hair for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Rinse and apply either Pantene conditoner for Curls/w a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, or VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner. After that, I use my homemade oil as a leave-in, let my hair air dry, apply Care Free Curl Gold activator and Motions Light Oil Moisturizer and braid my hair until next day or so.

I think I need to buy some Infusium for my next routine. I'll even use the neutralizing shampoo from my mom's relaxer kit to start my hair off fresh and clean for next month.

More hair, Grow hair.
BabyCurls

G

I never like to do too many things to my hair. I just want it to grow.

My regime looks like this:

I wash my hair every three, sometimes two days. With Nexxus or paul mitchelle shampoos and conditioners. I always do a deep conditioner. Pat my hair once with a towel, and add some olive oil to the hair an ends. finger comb my hair back in a ponytail "STYLE" without the ponytail holder. And let it airdry. Once its dry add a LITTLE more oil to the ends , comb or brush. And thats it!(I usually wear my hair down, and wrap or do the ponytail style at night with a silk scarf, or i'll just use my silk pillow case).

Once a month I'll do a potein treatment, and I usually relax my hair every three months, however right now I'm at 5 months without relaxer, so I'll see how much longer I can go .

Lindy

Here's my routine:

Wash hair weekly--

Week 1-RollerSet
Week 2-Twist-Out or Ponytail Method

Hot Oil treatment every other wash; reconstructor every other wash; ACV rinse every wash; moisturizing conditioner (at least 30 mins. with heat) every wash; Protein treatment approx. every 3 mos. after touchups of relaxer and sometimes after color

That's it!!

So far this routine is working very well for me!!

For now: Conditioner wash with Elucence hair every day/every other day after working out. Leave some Elucence in and squirt s-curl throughout. Air dry in pigtails over night.

After my t/u: I'll do more rollarsets which is: Pre-oil treatment every other wash. Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo, Cold condition for 30 mins with: L'oreal Unfrizz or Mizani Moisturefuse or Kerastaste Smoothing Mask. Rinse, rollarset then wrap.

Once per week I use Aubrey Organics GPB for protein.