hair typing, but not like you think

L.Brown1114

ok so everyone keeps talking about hair typing but they only talk about the circumference of the curl. iv seen a 4a whose hair grows straight down with no problem and seen a 4a whose hair grows up before it grows down so those pics arent really helping me see what my hair will do :perplexed. I was wondering if we could try the LOIS typing system http://www.tytecurl.com/v02/hairtypes.htm

the hair texture determines how your hair is going to be more than the curl size right? i think i'm a wiry texture because my hair seems cottony when you look at it but when i pull it straight and feel the texture it feels silky. also my hair never feels wet which is why i use so much moisturizer :rolleyes: so seeing wiry 3c/4a's would be a lot more accurate for me to determine my hair in the future. maybe we could start start a picture thread where people say their texture rather than their curl size because this will probably help us better in figuring out if a product would work for us also!!

hasabe

are we testing the strand or the whole hair?

I've never seen hair the shape of an "L" but very interesting.

I think I'm an O with a silky texture :look:

Can I get a confirmation?

Attachments

• Photo 9.jpg
    Photo 9.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

L.Brown1114

are we testing the strand or the whole hair?

I've never seen hair the shape of an "L" but very interesting.

I think I'm an O with a silky texture :look:

Can I get a confirmation?

yes your hair looks shiney not sheeny. someone tell me if im wrong

jupitermoon

I think this one is a little more confusing than the other one.

I guess I would be:
S= I have obvious wavy s curls
Thick strand size
W= I guess it's wiry

So thick SW hair I guess, lol!

LaFemmeNaturelle

LOIS is waaaay too complicated for me lol

Guess I am S in alot of areas and O in the crown don't know if I'm thick because I don't know the size of a frayed thread but I know I'm not thin...and the whole spongy versus cottony versus silky and getting wet makes no sense to me....I tried...

Last edited:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think my hair is S-wavy, thready with very thick strands.

Some of my strands are the actual thickness of a thread.