Hair styles for shorter hair

BBritdenise

I noticed that the majority of the styles suggested on this site are for APL and longer hair. My hair is SL... Not full SL.. Just SL. and its bluntly cut so I have a hard time styling my hair. It's also thin and fine and silky. If anyone knows of any protective styles that would work for shorter hair (not braids or twists, they don't work on my hair) please post pics or links or ideas please. I need as many options as possible.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Curlformers, and Bantu Knot out's were my styles of choice when I was SL and shorter. Plus they also make good protective styles.

0live0il

What kind of styles do you do at the moment? Twist outs don't work for my hair either. I usually just bun or leave it in a WNG.

aasem

I think if you could get this ripple effect it would be really sexy and classy. Other than that I think tomboyish short cuts are really neat.

Attachments

• image-3731073048.jpg
    image-3731073048.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 72

BBritdenise

Lately I've been bunning it but I need more options. I have done WNGs for the past year but I get so many ssks which make my hair feel so rough when it's naturally very soft. I have a hard time keeping my hands out of my hair so I need something that totally prevents me from touching my hair for at least a week at a time.

0live0il

Lately I've been bunning it but I need more options. I have done WNGs for the past year but I get so many ssks which make my hair feel so rough when it's naturally very soft. I have a hard time keeping my hands out of my hair so I need something that totally prevents me from touching my hair for at least a week at a time.

lol Im having the same trouble.

I plan on roller setting my hair this weekend :grin:

4HisGlory

I know you said no braids or twists . . . but what about if you do them to the scalp. Like flat twists or cornrows? Even if they only last for the week, at least it keeps your hands out of it.

BBritdenise

nappygirl said:
I know you said no braids or twists . . . but what about if you do them to the scalp. Like flat twists or cornrows? Even if they only last for the week, at least it keeps your hands out of it.

I tried flat twists last week and they lasted one day. They untwist and become very loose as soon as I finish twisting them. I had to keep redoing them to last that one day. Cornrows look very scalpy on me and I dont like adding synthetic hair because it's very rough on my hair and I'm tenderheaded. I'm considering going back to weaves right now, I just hate how weaves feel.

BBritdenise

0live0il said:
lol Im having the same trouble.

I plan on roller setting my hair this weekend :grin:

I thought about rollersetting but that still leaves me open to restyling and curls fall from my hair very fast

afroette

I need help too. My PS are lame. Braidouts give me SSKs.

By the way, what's the difference between SL and full SL?

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Is your hair long enough for this updo?

Also, try to pull your hair into a ponytail (even if it's a stub). Flip it up. Take a decorative comb and secure. It looks pretty and is easy to do.

Attachments

• TBDtwistbunshorthair.jpg
    TBDtwistbunshorthair.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 109

BBritdenise

wavezncurlz said:

Also, try to pull your hair into a ponytail (even if it's a stub). Flip it up. Take a decorative comb and secure. It looks pretty and is easy to do.

Here's my attempt at that updo. It actually turned out better than I expected. I did it on curly hair and I left a bang

Attachments

• image-1481780646.jpg
    image-1481780646.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-17665747.jpg
    image-17665747.jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 94
  • image-4070693395.jpg
    image-4070693395.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 88

MzSwift

Very cute! It turned out well!

I stayed under wigs so that I didn't get the urge to cut..I was impatiently growing my hair. LoL

I also liked to rock small individual braids with my own hair b/c I could rinse or cowash them often without all of the tangles. I kept/keep those in for about 2 weeks.

Twists didn't look right on me but once I found a way to pin them up, I could tolerate them for a week or so.

Any style where I braided the back upwards worked well for me. I would either have the front falling into my face/eyes or have it all pinned to one side.

GL! :)

BBritdenise

wavezncurlz said:

Thankyou so much for this stle... It's PERFECT for me. I can do it with a bang out or braids in the front or all back. I LOVE it. I only touch my hair once per day now. It fits me and my lifestyle perfectly. Thanks so much

BBritdenise

I even did my best friends hair like this on Sunday. Her hair is so thick and long that it looked like a big bun in the back. It took like fifteen Bobby pins to hold it up.

Leslie_C

Can you do a looose faux french roll in the back? It gives the illusion of longer, fuller hair. Also, how about a banana clip? You can wear it curly and fluffed out, or pin it around it various ways. Banana clips look fuller than ponytails and dont pull your hair out like bands do (even ouchless bands tend to get hair wrapped around tem). Also look into some flexi 8 clips and/or hair zings. You can add cheap headbands/scarves and flowers to dress up plain styles too. I wear my hair in plain updos at work, but dress it up and get compliments all the time. It takes me less than 5 minutes, but the headband or hair toy makes it look like I tried lol. HTH!