Hair sins – I have fallen off the hair wagon?

AFashionSlave

OK ya’ll I am guilty of hair abuse!

:nono: I have not been taken care of my hair.
:nono: I have blowdried it.
:nono: Slept without a hair scarf.
:nono: Sometimes I don’t condition it the way I should.

Here are my problems.
Problem 1 - My hair takes a million years to dry without heat & I lose patience.
Problem 2 - I get bored with protective styles.
Problem 3 – I don’t really care about my hair anymore. It’s just kinda there.
Problem 4 - I love to rock new hair styles…TOO MANY! I gotta take it down a notch.

My hair is bra strap length.
:wallbash: I would like to have waist length hair but I’m beginning to think that I will never get there.

I HAVE THE HAIR BLUES!!!
Have any of you guys ever gone through this?
Should I just suck it up and get a little discipline?

Maybe I should get some braids or something. I am bored out of my gourd.

Hey AFS
I haven't gone thru this per se...but I do still use one product that's a hair no-no, which is brown gel for my edges which I can't give up (especially 8 wks post) and on the weekends I tend to slack in my hair up-keep (especially having it covered @night)...And yes I'm geting so bored with my protective bun hair-do..but when I see others on this borad with the length I'm looking for it snaps me back into place

I'm with you. I have not been consistent with protective styles at all. I like to play and have fun with my hair. As a result, it's been hovering between APL and BSL forever, and will most likely stay there. That's okay, I am fine with it. I can admire other people's hair length and progress while being fine with my own. :)

sherylin123 said:
Hey AFS
I haven't gone thru this per se...but I do still use one product that's a hair no-no, which is brown gel for my edges which I can't give up (especially 8 wks post) and on the weekends I tend to slack in my hair up-keep (especially having it covered @night)...And yes I'm geting so bored with my protective bun hair-do..but when I see others on this borad with the length I'm looking for it snaps me back into place

I didn't know that brown gel was bad.
I like the stuff.

It's OK, now jump back on the wagon.
Step away from the dark side.:lol:

I know it's hard sometime but we can do this.
I have been wearing micro braids for 6 months stright.
I'm trying to hit a year but right now I'm going crazy.
but if i look at some of the women who went from short hair to really long hair in 1-1/2 to 2 years, that helps me stay on point.

Last edited:
Jessy55 said:
I'm with you. I have not been consistent with protective styles at all. I like to play and have fun with my hair. As a result, it's been hovering between APL and BSL forever, and will most likely stay there. That's okay, I am fine with it. I can admire other people's hair length and progress while being fine with my own. :)

Maybe thats where i am. I want my hair to be longer, but in general I'm pretty happy with the length and condition of my hair. I beat it up a bit, but it's still healthy.

I want it longer but, I just don't have any real motivation to do what it takes to get it there.

I do this in cycles. I'm consistent for 5 or 6 months, then I fall off for 3 or 4. That's why I havent made more progress. I got it cut yesterday tho, and clean ends make me happy. I'm going to henna later today and then twist it up and try to be a little more consistent.

I have had Problems 2,3,&4 on your list. :) Especially problem 4, I just can't leave my hair alone! But now, I am trying to stick with protective styling.

Maybe we should have a special challenge for those of us who are always falling off the hair wagon... :lol: A Stick To It Challenge!!! :lol:

I have the same problems. I seriously do want my hair to grow, but then there is a part of me that is happy with my length, as much as I want waist length hair.
I found myself slipping up a bit (not wearing a scarf) and I play with my hair WAY too much, I know I am damaging it but I can’t help it. I also can’t commit to protective styles because I play with my hair too much, if I can just curb that and wear protective styles I may be able to hit my waist length goal by my wedding date.

lol ok ok.. Here's mine: I've stopped moisturising & braiding my hair b4 bed. For the last few days I've been super lazy w/ my nightime routine. I put it into a puff, slap on my bonnet and go to bed. Oh yeah, and sometimes I go a few days w/o moisture. :( I was doing so well b4! Time to shape up.

Qetesh said:
I have the same problems. I seriously do want my hair to grow, but then there is a part of me that is happy with my length, as much as I want waist length hair.
I found myself slipping up a bit (not wearing a scarf) and I play with my hair WAY too much, I know I am damaging it but I can’t help it. I also can’t commit to protective styles because I play with my hair too much, if I can just curb that and wear protective styles I may be able to hit my waist length goal by my wedding date.

I totally feel you. I can't stop touching my hair. I'm always doing something to it. I can't help myself.. it taunts me lol

I have fallen off the hairdresser wagon completly....:lol: IDidnt even call to cancel after my last ugly weave disaster :nono: Im falling so much I've been thinking of self relaxing for the first time in years. Well I'll just keep a phony pontill New Years so I wont have to do anything else.

I don't think I've every properly mounted a bandwagon...maybe one leg. However, after the way I treated my hair tonight I think I need to abandon all hair goals and focus on keeping any hair on my head at all.

I seriously thought about grabbing the scissors and shearing it down to the scalp. But I've done that for years, it's boring, let me keep trudging through the mud alongside the wagon. Maybe, eventually, one day, I'll get on.

Honestly, sometimes focusing on growing one's hair seems like the stupidest thing that ever crossed my mind. The other days it seems like the simplest, meditative act. If I can focus on and nurture what's coming out of my scalp, then perhaps I can expand that habit outward....

p1

I'm pretty sure I've never been on the hair wagon, but I notice sometimes that I do some pretty horrible things to my hair. I've ripped out hair sometimes and not even thought twice about it. I'm trying to do better, and actually I've been doing pretty good for the past month or two.

I sin too I guess...I bought an Ion blow dryer and I have to use it sometimes after workouts. I hate sleeping on wet hair and I can't go to work with wet hair. I only have time to do roller sets on the weekends, the work week is out of the question. I guess that's why I wore braids for so long. BUT the good news is that I am conditioning the H-E-Double Tooth Picks out of my hair and it's never ever had this kind of pampering before so, I don't feel so bad. I'm going try not to take this hair care thing too far. I have to consider that I have other aspects to my life besides my hair...like a 9 year old who loves me no matter what my head looks like, my two cats, running,Taekwondo... to name a few.... So sometimes I just have to get that hair dry and get outta here!!!!!! :eek: :bud: :dance7:

Back