HAIR PRODUCT JUNKIES MEETING!!!

Lilmama1011

When did you first start being a product junkie? What makes you a product junkie? And did someone ever tell you that your a product junkie before? And do you have tons of products you know you will never touch again but you keep it around just in case? And start off the first sentence with hello my name is..... And I'm a product junkie(it can be a nickname too) :)

Hello my name is Nella and I'm a product junkie. I started being a product junkie in the eleventh grade, even when I was getting my hair done because I noticed the ones that brought their own product had long healthy looking hair and I wanted the same and didn't want to use the salon's products. What makes me a product junkie is I can buy a product that works very well but when I run out of it, instead of sticking with it, I want something better and explore more options and sometimes that's not the case and I don't return back to the product because I got bored with the same product(smell wise). Then I get some that don't work and instead of throwing it away I save it for "EMERGENCIES". My SO other told me I have a problem because I just blow money on products and don't care how much it is. And yes I still have products that i know I will never touch again :( but guess what I found a solution for the shampoo that was horrible like the burts bees! It literally strips your hair of moisture and have the nerve to have brazil moisture on it smh. Anyways I just use the shampoo to wash out my comb and brush, now what to do with the conditioner......tsk anyway, your turn! :)

irisak

Hello my name is irisa and I'm a product junky. I became a product junky at 15. I currently own at least 4 almost full bottles of hair serum spritz shampoo conditioner hair cream and essential oils. I have a bottle of evoo and acv just for my bathroom. I look at hair products even in the dollar store wondering if I'll find something I can use. I don't buy hair from the bss and can still spend $100.

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hello my name is Meritamen and I'm a product junkie. :hiya:

When did you first start being a product junkie?
I didn't start being a product junkie until after I went natural. After finding LHCF I quickly found my staples but I was relaxed then; KeraCare was great but did diddly squat for my natural hair. So I have been a product junkie for almost 2 years now.

What makes you a product junkie?
At first I was dead set on finding staples which I did so now it's simply because I like trying out new stuff. A girl likes to have options. :grin:

And did someone ever tell you that your a product junkie before?
No, I don't really talk about hair with people unless they ask me about mine and even then I don't bring up the fact that I have a mini beauty supply store in my bathroom cabinet. Ok, I'm kidding, I'm not that bad. I know some of ya'll have easily eclipsed my stash. *cough* The ladies in Use 1 Buy 1 *cough*

And do you have tons of products you know you will never touch again but you keep it around just in case?
Nope, I hate having stuff collect dust so even if my hair hated it I will still try to find some way to use it up or just give it away. Mostly I just mix the awful stuff with something decent to use it up. There are very few products that I have trashed.

I'm in the Use Up Your Stash challenge to try to curb my collecting habit. Which I recommend PJs join... you know so I can see what you all have that I need to add to my list. :look: Oh, and I'm a broke college student so I can't buy anything at the moment even if I really wanted to. And I really do want to... I have a "waiting list" of products that I want to try after I kill off this stash. :look:

Last edited:

irisak

Oh to answer the other question everyone knows I'm a product junky and have stashes in my house. I went over a friend's house this weekend and got laughed at because I found a bottle of sabino in my purse..... At least until that ***** wanted me to blow out and flat iron her hair lol.

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

Meritamen said:
Hello my name is Meritamen and I'm a product junkie. :lol:

I didn't start being a product junkie until after I went natural. After finding LHCF I quickly found my staples but I was relaxed then; KeraCare was great but did diddly squat for my natural hair. So I have been a product junkie for almost 2 years now.

At first I was dead set on finding staples which I did so now it's simply because I like trying out new stuff. A girl likes to have options. :grin:

No, I don't really talk about hair with people unless they ask me about mine and even then I don't really bring up the fact that I have a mini beauty supply store in my bathroom cabinet. Ok, I'm kidding, I'm not that bad. I know some of ya'll have easily eclipsed my stashed. *cough* The ladies in Use 1 Buy 1 *cough*

And do you have tons of products you know you will never touch again but you keep it around just in case?
Nope, I hate having stuff collect dust so even if my hair hated it I will still try to find some way to use it up or just give it away. There are very few products that I have trashed.

I'm in the Use Up Your Stash challenge to try to curb my collecting habit. :look: Oh and I'm a broke college student so I can't buy anything at the moment even if I really wanted to. And I really do want to... I have a "waiting list" of products that I want to try after I kill off this stash.

I want to use up my stash too, think I'm going to let my SO other use it, because he really doesn't have hair, well he has hair on his head but not that you have to comb so it shouldn't be a problem and then he can moisturize if it's dry lol

Lilmama1011

irisak said:
Hello my name is irisa and I'm a product junky. I became a product junky at 15. I currently own at least 4 almost full bottles of hair serum spritz shampoo conditioner hair cream and essential oils. I have a bottle of evoo and acv just for my bathroom. I look at hair products even in the dollar store wondering if I'll find something I can use. I don't buy hair from the bss and can still spend $100.

Wow, if your in the dollar store spending 100 dollars that's a lot of products lol

irisak

Lilmama1011 said:
Wow, if your in the dollar store spending 100 dollars that's a lot of products lol

Not the dollar store the bss lol. I just look at the products in the dollar store.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I want to use up my stash too, think I'm going to let my SO other use it, because he really doesn't have hair, well he has hair on his head but not that you have to comb so it shouldn't be a problem and then he can moisturize if it's dry lol
Start mixing stuff together and being heavy handed. That's what I do unless the product is completely terrible then just give it away to friends. I gave all the awful stuff to a friend who has a looser texture than I do who was more than happy to take them off my hands and they work great for her. No fair. :ohwell:

Lilmama1011

Meritamen said:
Start mixing stuff together and being heavy handed. That's what I do unless the product is completely terrible then just give it away to friends. I gave all the awful stuff to a friend who has a looser texture than I do who was more than happy to take them off my hands and they work great for her. No fair. :ohwell:

If something don't work for my hair and I give it away, my friends be asking "what's wrong with it and if it did that to your hair what makes you think it won't do that to me?" smh, so more than likely garbage or waste my time sending it to the company waiting a month to get 7 dollars back lol

Curlygirly9

Hello my name is Paula and I'm a product junkie. I currently own 44 products and I only use 4 of them. I became a pj because I am always in search of a product that can moisturize/style and doesn't have a terrible scent. I throw out any old products.

Lilmama1011

Curlygirly9 said:
Hello my name is Paula and I'm a product junkie. I currently own 44 products and I only use 4 of them. I became a pj because I am always in search of a product that can moisturize/style and doesn't have a terrible scent. I throw out any old products.

I would say that's a lot of product not to use but I haven't counted mine lol

lamaria211

Hi my name is Lamaria and ive been a junkie for 2 years i have probably over 70 or 80 bottles and jars of products now 80% havent even been opened yet:) i like having alot of different things to choose from. recenty ive joined the hair snob club as i dont have price limits on any of my products i like haviing a lil of everything

crlsweetie912

kryolnapps

Hi my name is kryolnapps and I am a product junkie...well, right now I'm in rehab.

I've always been a product junkie, any products. I just didn't have the money back then to indulge my addiction. When I became natural 6 years ago, it coincided with me having more disposable income. I like to think of myself as a 'responsible product junkie': bills, savings and then products (see what I'm doing here? rationalizing, :lol:)

I am in rehab now, but I used to jump on any products promising to condition and moisturize my hair. Then I jumped on anything that would help me to detangle. I have a lot of conditioners, creams, puddings, butters, oils...Right now I'm working on using my stash. I'm not allowed to try anything new.

I like to help since I have tried so many products. So I've been open and generous with my stash. But people are shocked when they see how many products I have! And some even judge and criticize while benefiting from my products and expertise!!!:nono:

Yes, but I've started a major spring cleaning and I'm going through and throwing away products I had for a long time and not using and giving away to appreciative friends and family products I don't like but are still good. I also mix various products together.

When I'm done with rehab and gone through my stash, I will be down to using only 6 staple products!!! I can't hardly wait. I have enjoyed getting to know my hair and experimenting, but now I know what works for me.

(I'll still try some new things from time to time...:sekret:)

PJaye

Hello. My name is PJaye and I'm a product junkie.

I became a product junkie 10 minutes and 42 seconds after joining this hair board!

Given the fact that I...

- Experience a tightening in my chest and a racing heartbeat upon discovering a vendor sale or new product review
- Have a hair journal that includes my regimen, evaluations of products, tools and techniques, in addition to other hair-related data
- Make detailed hair-related lists (e.g., To-Buy, To-Try, Black Friday Sale, etc.)
- Have dedicated areas for hair product storage, both refrigerated and unrefrigerated
- Can calculate the total amount of a purchase, including tax and shipping, in my head to the nearest cent
- Am on a first name basis with all of my postal carriers – USPS, UPS and Fedex

...it would be safe to assume that I am a product junkie.

And did someone ever tell you that you’re a product junkie before?
No, since I never discuss hair or hair products outside of this forum.

No, not really. My unwanted products remain in my custody for two reasons: (1) there is no one to give them to; and (2) I cannot envision anyone jumping up and down to receive a jar of used Long Aid Gel.

Evolving78

Hello my name is Shortdub78 and i am a product junkie. i have been a product junkie for many years. it started almost 20 years ago. i just love hair, makeup, skin care, and cleaning products. i can help myself. i love having things and trying new things out.

i don't think i will ever stop being a junkie, but i do have my limits. i am not a hoarder. i know when to let go of things. i don't care for clutter either. i pretty much use everything unless it didn't work for me, then i give it to my mom or my friends.

Ogoma

Hi my name Ogoma and I used to be a product junkie!

I have always been a shoe, bag, and dresses junkie and just moved it to products when I became natural. I found my staples early on, but liked trying new things and like having some personal insight when people discuss a product. It is also a cheaper habit so I am happy about that.

I used to buy any and everything, but that has changed over time. I don't play with leave-ins or stylers because I don't want to be taking chances with how I look in the morning. My hair is coarse, wiry, and low-porosity so it hates most proteins AND heavy/oily/buttery products so I have to be selective in what I leave in my hair. BUT, I love buying ROs and DCs. I keep accumulating more and more rinse outs and deep conditioners. I cannot help myself. I really want to stop.

And did someone ever tell you that you were a product junkie before?
My SO, my mother, sisters, friends. If something doesn't work I sell it or give it away to family and friends so they are all aware of it and actively encourage it (except SO, it drives him mad, he is always calculating what I could have done with the money :grin:). I used to give away clothes and shoes in the same way and they actively encouraged that as well. :lol:

Nope. If it doesn't work, I need it out of my stash. I find it hard to even keep things for another season. I will either sell it, give it away, incur more money to send it to friends or family, or throw it out. I don't know how to make do. It either works well or it doesn't work at all.

I am trying to take a minimalist approach to life in the later half of this year so I am trying to bring my stash down. I am pretty heavy handed with RO and DCs so I will be done most of them by then. I want to narrow it down to 1 or 2 products in every category with some overlapping.

I don't think my hair is hurting, but time will tell.