HAIR CARE TIPS...PLEASE!!!!!

gwenedowning

Hey guys,

I'm 18 months post relaxer and I do not know what to do with my hair! I have a natural curl/kink but I prefer to wear my hair straight for the time being, or at least until it grow a little longer! I cut the remaining portion of my relaxer out maybe 5 months ago and I thought my hair would grow a lot faster but it seems to have slowed down (way down) in its growth rate. When it was relaxed, it grew at an amazing rate! Anyway, I've been wearing weaves here and there for maybe 9 months, I'd usually take time off to wear it out (naturally) but I'm not really feeling it! I'm a product fanatic and I have many natural (sulfate free) shampoos/conditioners, etc., but nothing seems to moisturize my hair enough! When it's wet, it's really curly, but once it's dry, it gets crunchy (lol) and I just don't get it! What are the best natural hair care products that moisturize, softens, prevent breakage, etc. (i.e, shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, serums, etc.?) Also, do you guys know of any products specifically formulated to elongate & soften the curl pattern (in the event that I want to wear it out naturally)? In addition, what is the best way to achieve a good twist out? One that is not tight and crinkly looking? I would also like to know your tips for achieving a good straight (blow out) look without damaging the hair with too much heat? ...And any other good hair care tips that promote growth and softness?

I really need help...I'm soooo close to relaxing my hair!

Recap...

(1) Good/best moisturizers for natural hair (including shampoos, etc.)
(2) Products to elongate/stretch the curl pattern
(3) Achieving and maintaining a straight look
(4) How to do a twist out?
(5) Overall maintenance tips for natural hair

SUGGESTIONS…PLEASE!!!!

Hey guys,

I'm 18 months post relaxer and I do not know what to do with my hair! I have a natural curl/kink but I prefer to wear my hair straight for the time being, or at least until it grow a little longer! I cut the remaining portion of my relaxer out maybe 5 months ago and I thought my hair would grow a lot faster but it seems to have slowed down (way down) in its growth rate. When it was relaxed, it grew at an amazing rate! Anyway, I've been wearing weaves here and there for maybe 9 months, I'd usually take time off to wear it out (naturally) but I'm not really feeling it! I'm a product fanatic and I have many natural (sulfate free) shampoos/conditioners, etc., but nothing seems to moisturize my hair enough! When it's wet, it's really curly, but once it's dry, it gets crunchy (lol) and I just don't get it! What are the best natural hair care products that moisturize, softens, prevent breakage, etc. (i.e, shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, serums, etc.?) Also, do you guys know of any products specifically formulated to elongate & soften the curl pattern (in the event that I want to wear it out naturally)? In addition, what is the best way to achieve a good twist out? One that is not tight and crinkly looking? I would also like to know your tips for achieving a good straight (blow out) look without damaging the hair with too much heat? ...And any other good hair care tips that promote growth and softness?

I really need help...I'm soooo close to relaxing my hair!

Recap...

(1) Good/best moisturizers for natural hair (including shampoos, etc.)
(2) Products to elongate/stretch the curl pattern
(3) Achieving and maintaining a straight look
(4) How to do a twist out?
(5) Overall maintenance tips for natural hair

SUGGESTIONS…PLEASE!!!!

Do a search your topic in the threads. You have a lot of questions that can be answered in various threads because I don't think one post or two posts can answer all of your questions.

Also, you might just want to look at some of the threads that are already on the forum. There are plenty of threads for maintenance of natural hair.

Ok. Wow....first off. You made it 18 months. So don't relax. You can do this.

One fact. It's gonna take trial and error. You are going to have to try and fail ALOT to find what works for you.

Havig said that.

Check out you tube. Kimmaytube has some great tutorials. She makes an awesome moisturizer with aloe. Most of the reviews on it are great. She also has some cool hair advice that may help you.

Also. For flat ironing check out the Heat Training Support thread for some regimens you may find helpful.

For elongating curls. Check out Brittanynic on YouTube. Or longhairdontcare on you tube. Both heat train. Their techniques may be useful to you. Even if you don't heat train, the info is good.

Cowashing may be a better option for you than shampoo. Even moisturizing ones tend to be drying to the hair.

My last piece of advice is to go on this site and BHM and find heads that are similar to yours. Check out their regimens and techniques. You may find things you can use.

Oh! And keep a hair journal so you can have record of what works for u.

Good luck!:)

Back