Hair and Stress Breakage: How to Deal?

PaperClip

My hairdresser confirmed for me that a breakage spot is most likely due to breakage, because the rest of my hair is doing quite well (latest photo in my avatar

Because it's stress-related, the growth formulas are kinda useless....

Besides "relax the nerves", what else to do to TLC the spot?

BrownBetty

When you find out let me know. I have a 2 inch spot in the middle of my head that is very much shorter then the rest of my hair. It is my stress spot and nothing I do helps it.

Mv

PaperClip

When you find out let me know. I have a 2 inch spot in the middle of my head that is very much shorter then the rest of my hair. It is my stress spot and nothing I do helps it.

Mv

Hi, Miss Vee:

My hairdresser told me to simply leave it alone. Let it be.... She said it's growing, it's just a weak area due to nerves.... So I suppose doing something to relax along with a healthy diet may be among our options....

Hopefully others will chime in with suggestions....

hopeful

First of all, your hair looks great! It's grown so much:yep:. I have a stress spot too, and it actually had the nerve to move recently. I try to keep it moisturized, oiled with CD's Khoret Amen hair oil (for me it's very healing), and leave it alone as much as possible. I also massage that area a bit. It's filling in, but I can tell it's weaker than the rest of my hair. I try not to focus on it too much. When I stopped relaxing and started babying my hair, my nape finally grew in and the length is finally coming, so this is the only problem I still have and I have faith that in the next few years this issue will be healed as well.