Grocery Shopping for hair

SimplyBlessed

Ok so since I'm trying to take care of my hair I thought what better way than to use natural products...so ladies if u used mayo/eggs, baking soda, acv rinses, honey, avocado, or anything else natural please help a sista out :newbie:...

I was thinking of DCing with mayo/eggs and wondering do I follow up with baking soda and then conditioner or is this usless b/c baking soda is for clariyfing??

With that being said since baking soda is for clarifying can it be used weekly?? there's a lot of threads that rave about it but don't talk about how frequent its used

ACV and baking soda?? Is that too much??

Honey :lick: I hear its good... can it be added to the mayo/eggs

Anything u girls wanna chime in on I would love to hear...Thanks!! :thumbsup:

OH YEA!!! I just got my megatek so if any of these things are a nono with megatek please let me know...I might just not use it (the megatek)!!

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

This sounds good, just add baby food bananas, cornstarch, acv, evoo and wheat germ oil to your honey and you've got caramel, a lush-us dc! i've done baking soda dc's every other week for about 8 weeks, and it seemed to be okay...(baking soda mixed with conditioner).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've also used Ripe Avacado, Fresh Lime, Full-Fat Yogurt, Eggs, Blackstrap Molasses and of course Honey, EVOO, EVCO, Wheat Germ, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Almond, Soybean, Macadamian Oil(s). Coconut Milk & Coconut Creme. Some have even used Beer.

I've even thrown in a coupla' Strawberries in a mixture I made after reading about Strawberries for Your Hair on an Ayurvedic/Middle Eastern site.

Enjoy and Have Fun!:yep:

addaboutmyhair

I wold be careful of trying all of this at once. Definitely research the ACV and Baking soda rinses. ACV closes your hair cuticle and baking soda opens it even further than water alone. Doing both say every week might be putting your hair through too much.

ladylibra

i wouldn't use baking soda after the egg/mayo treatment if i were you.

also, if you're gonna use baking soda, you might try mixing it with conditioner. i do this for my son, weekly. i leave it on his head for 10 minutes while he's in the tub, then rinse with ACV (very watered down of course). the baking soda still clarifies, but the conditioner keeps his hair from getting too stripped. i think LittleGoldenLamb gave me the idea? is that her name? she's a member here. :yep:

definitely follow baking soda by rinsing with ACV, so your cuticles get re-closed. and try one or 2 things at a time... don't go into overload right away. you don't wanna mess up your hair or send it into any kind of shock. :nono: definitely do your research on this stuff. don't do any egg/mayo treatments right after using Mega-Tek - sounds like too much protein at once. keep a good balance between protein and moisture.

i love making my own stuff too. outside of V05 conditioners, everything else i use in my hair is edible (although, maybe not very tasty :lol: ).

Pandora1975

I don't use shampoo anymore, I do condish with baking soda instead. After I dc with added honey and EVOO, I spritz with VERY watered down acv. Did it twice the first week (worked in the yard and forgot my scarf- icky) and once last week and things feel great so far. I plan to keep up the once a week routine for now.

msa

i wouldn't use baking soda after the egg/mayo treatment if i were you.

also, if you're gonna use baking soda, you might try mixing it with conditioner. i do this for my son, weekly. i leave it on his head for 10 minutes while he's in the tub, then rinse with ACV (very watered down of course). the baking soda still clarifies, but the conditioner keeps his hair from getting too stripped. i think LittleGoldenLamb gave me the idea? is that her name? she's a member here. :yep:

definitely follow baking soda by rinsing with ACV, so your cuticles get re-closed. and try one or 2 things at a time... don't go into overload right away. you don't wanna mess up your hair or send it into any kind of shock. :nono: definitely do your research on this stuff. don't do any egg/mayo treatments right after using Mega-Tek - sounds like too much protein at once. keep a good balance between protein and moisture.

i love making my own stuff too. outside of V05 conditioners, everything else i use in my hair is edible (although, maybe not very tasty :lol: ).

I agree with LadyLibra.

I have been using baking soda added to my conditioner for a year as my shampoo or just baking soda and water. But, it's most moisturizing to mix a teaspoon (or 2) with your conditioner and wash that way.

You definitely should research baking soda and acv before you start using them though. The main point to remember is to make sure they are diluted well. I don't follow my baking soda/conditioner mix with an acv rinse, but there's no harm in doing it.

I know Angelicus has been using mayo for like 5 years and her hair is beautiful so you may want to pm her to ask her about it. I wouldn't do mayo, egg, avocado, or any other heavy protein while using megatek though.

A great moisturizing DC is honey mixed with olive oil. You can also add some coconut oil in there as well. In fact, coconut oil is one of my favorite conditioners used by itself on damp hair with a plastic cap. Melts the tangles away.

Also, check out the caramel treatment that was already mentioned. It's a great DC as well.

SimplyBlessed

yea i'm soo hesitant about megatek bc its like u can't do anything when ur using it....I'm using it on my scalp though so idk if that makes difference....