GOOD WEAVE FOR A PROTECTIVE STYLE???

MzKenya

OK NOT TO LONG AGO I TOOK OUT MY MICROS...I WAITED ABOUT A MONTH AND I DECIDED TO STRETCH MY HAIR A LIL LONGER AND WANNA DO A SEW IN AS A PROTECTIVE STYLE...SO MY QUESTION TO U ALL IS WHATS A GOOD WEAVE TO USE (BRAND, HAIR TYPE, HUMAN OR SYN.) AND ALSO CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A WEBSITE THAT SELL HAIR? THANKS
:bighug:

B3e

i don't wear weaves but i've noticed that most ladies on boards invest in the best hair they can afford to purchase/order because it lasts through multiple installs and looks more natural. each person's preference varies but i think thats a common trend. correct me if I'm wrong ladies.

ms.blue

I suggest doing a search on bhm weave section since those women know everything about weaves.

Tiye

Buying weave hair is a learning experience. If you're new to weaves I don't recommend jumping in and buying the most expensive hair you can find (unless money is no object). BHM has good weave and weave newbie boards where you can learn a lot. You might also be interested in the BHM sales board where you can interact with sellers and find hair at reasonable prices (if you do this be sure to check for seller's bhm reputation before you make a transaction to avoid scammers). When you know about the different types of hair and what you're buying then you can move into the pricey brands - eg. Extensions Plus.

bluediamond0829

I love Extensions Plus, the curly hair is really nice.

They are kind of expensive but its well worth it and you can reuse the hair.

I think I tried Wagmans hair and it was ok.

ThatJerseyGirl

Extensions Plus - Hair Extensions and Wigs i usually get the zigzag curly. it's worth the investment. this hair has never tangled or shed on me AT ALL. Most importantly, I've reused the same hair for a year. I usually have stylist remove a day or two before. I wash the hair in shampoo, condition and rinse, let it air dry. never had any problems at all. NONE.