good beauty products in the UK

hopeg80

Okay I am from the US living in the UK,many of the products that I would use are not available here. But I am constanly seeing women with beautiful natural hair walking around.

So,my question is....

Uk girls what products are you using on your hair? What are your haircare methods?

The question is open to anyone. (relaxed and natural)

Thanks in advance for responses.

rosalindb

Hi

I have just started using only natural products and try to keep it quite simple:

Pre shampoo treatment: Aubrey Organics GPB mixed with Virgin Coconut Oil & Honey. I absolutely love this.

Shampoo: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturing Shampoo

Conditioner: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturing Conditioner

Daily Spritz: Mixture of Water/Glycerine/Giovanni Direct Leave in conditioner with essential oils of Lavender/Rosemary/Ylang Ylang

Once I spritz, I was using a blend of shea butter/virgin coconut oil to seal the moisture but I have just ordered some whipped butters from https://anitagrant.com/ which works much better for my hair

Which products do you usually use?

RainbowCurls

I usually use Nexxus Botanoil and Humectress, but also frequenty use the following UK products:
Superdrug pure coconut oil (99p! - bargain!)
Superdrug coconut oil shampoo and conditioner
Superdrug henna intensive conditioner
Trevor Sorbie clarifying shampoo (not the proper name, it's in a green bottle)
Henara intensive conditioner
Dark & Lovely ultra cholesterol
Fantasia frizz buster serum
Crazy Color
Directions
^ above 2 are cheap 'temporary' dyes (rinses) in a wide range of colours

hopeg80

rosalindb said:
Hi

I have just started using only natural products and try to keep it quite simple:

Pre shampoo treatment: Aubrey Organics GPB mixed with Virgin Coconut Oil & Honey. I absolutely love this.

Shampoo: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturing Shampoo

Conditioner: J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp Moisturing Conditioner

Daily Spritz: Mixture of Water/Glycerine/Giovanni Direct Leave in conditioner with essential oils of Lavender/Rosemary/Ylang Ylang

Once I spritz, I was using a blend of shea butter/virgin coconut oil to seal the moisture but I have just ordered some whipped butters from https://anitagrant.com/ which works much better for my hair

Which products do you usually use?

I see the J/A/S/O/N products in the stores here and wondered if they are any good. I might have to give them a try. I need something really good and moisturizing.

I have been meaning to order the whipped butter from anitagrant. She is so good at mixing up some good hair products. I guess I will have to wrestle the CC from the DH and get to ordering. ;)

I have been using:

Keracare shampoos
ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Organics hair mayo
Daily Defense Water Lily
ORS Softening Shea Butter Lotion
Organics Olive oil Treatment
I use a rose water/olive oil/water spritz.
And various other products that I can't remember.

hopeg80

PerfectDoak said:
I usually use Nexxus Botanoil and Humectress, but also frequenty use the following UK products:
Superdrug pure coconut oil (99p! - bargain!)
Superdrug coconut oil shampoo and conditioner

Superdrug henna intensive conditioner
Trevor Sorbie clarifying shampoo (not the proper name, it's in a green bottle)
Henara intensive conditioner
Dark & Lovely ultra cholesterol
Fantasia frizz buster serum
Crazy Color
Directions
^ above 2 are cheap 'temporary' dyes (rinses) in a wide range of colours

You know I saw this in superdrug but didn't think that it would be good for "our" hair. I guess I need to stop discriminating and try some stuff. :perplexed

naturaline

im from the uk but have never heard of J/A/S/O/N products what are they? where do you buy yours from? tia!

hopeg80

naturaline said:
im from the uk but have never heard of J/A/S/O/N products what are they? where do you buy yours from? tia!

I have seen them in Health food stores.

bronzehair

i'm from the us as well and am living in the uk...quick question where in the uk do you live? there's a place called upton park on the district line(east london) that have a lot of bss and the prices are the equivalent to american bss sometimes even less.The product lines i usemostly are:

Elasta qp
Australian organics
Organic root stimulator
Keracare
Motions

hth

lonei

Hi, I'm from the UK and I use Keracare and Motions products. I got NTM from America and Salerm 21 from Spain. There isnt much choice here I'm afraid.

hopeg80

bronzehair said:
i'm from the us as well and am living in the uk...quick question where in the uk do you live? there's a place called upton park on the district line(east london) that have a lot of bss and the prices are the equivalent to american bss sometimes even less.The product lines i usemostly are:

Elasta qp
Australian organics
Organic root stimulator
Keracare
Motions

hth

I live in Beckenham, Kent.

I have never heard of upton park. Maybe I need to check this place out.

OFF TOPIC:

I diffentley need some friends over here. Anybody looking to hang out PM me.:look:

rosalindb

naturaline said:

J/A/S/O/N produce natural skincare and haircare products. This is the website http://www.jason-natural.com/

You can find their products in healthstores such as Applejacks (they have a store in Stratford, John Bell & Croydon, 50 Wigmore Street, W1, & Fresh & Wild, 69-75 Brewer Street, W1. I have also seen their products in the Asian owned stores at Upton Park

They are very reasonably priced as well 473 ml (16 oz) for appoximately £6.

You can also order on line at various sites :
http://www.naturalcollection.com/na...Natural-Cosmetics-with-certified-organic-.asp

Hope that helps

rosalindb

hopeg80 said:
I see the J/A/S/O/N products in the stores here and wondered if they are any good. I might have to give them a try. I need something really good and moisturizing.

I have been meaning to order the whipped butter from anitagrant. She is so good at mixing up some good hair products. I guess I will have to wrestle the CC from the DH and get to ordering. ;)

I have been using:

Keracare shampoos
ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Organics hair mayo
Daily Defense Water Lily
ORS Softening Shea Butter Lotion
Organics Olive oil Treatment
I use a rose water/olive oil/water spritz.
And various other products that I can't remember.

I really like the Sea Kelp shampoo, that works really well for me. The conditioner is okay. I want to try the Aubrey Organics shampoos and conditioners. Anita is planning to launch shampoo bars soon so would like to give them a try as welll as I have never used shampoo bars before.

Both of the butters from Anita are really good and smell gorgeous. I have also purchased the Rhassoul condish but have not used it yet as my hair is in cornrows but I may take them out next week so will use the Rhassoul then.

I used the ORS Hair Mayo for a couple of years and it was good. The only reason I stopped using it was to change to natural products but the Aubrey Organics GPB works 10 times better. I normally have to leave conditioner on my hair for about an hour before I can get a comb through it but with the GBP I can literally comb my hair straight away. It is fantastic. I gave a sample to a colleague to try and she said that I am now her best friend :)

I will start using rosewater again in my spritzes and will buy some next week when I am in town.

hopeg80

rosalindb said:
The only reason I stopped using it was to change to natural products but the Aubrey Organics GPB works 10 times better. I normally have to leave conditioner on my hair for about an hour before I can get a comb through it but with the GBP I can literally comb my hair straight away.

Me too. I put the conditioner on my hair and keep it on for hours. It is a whole day job to wash and detangle my hair.

Can you also purchase the Aubrey Organics products from health food stores?

rosalindb

hopeg80 said:
Me too. I put the conditioner on my hair and keep it on for hours. It is a whole day job to wash and detangle my hair.

Can you also purchase the Aubrey Organics products from health food stores?

I got my GPB from : Essentials Pharmacy, 169 Drury Lane, Holborn, London, WC2B 5QA Tel: 020 7404 8808. 325 ml (11 FL oz) for £8.99. You can also find it at Selfridges on Bond Street in the Pharmacy on the 4th floor, their price is £9.99

These are the ingredients: INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Nettle Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Glycoprotein (from oyster shells), Balsam Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

This is the link for the product on the aubrey-organics website

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cfm?product_id=001&cat=6&subcat=18

You can also order online. If you search in google you will be able to find somewhere. I cannot find their other shampoos and conditioners that I want to try so I will have to order online from UK suppliers.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

lolla2005

At ACE in Peckam High Street, they sell:

kera care
Surge
Affirm
Nexxus
L'Oreal (for relaxed and natural)

At American in Pentoville Road (Kings Cross):
Joico

In Finsbury Park there is PAC Cosmetic Centre near the tube station. I learnt they have really good stuff, but I haven't been there yet

lolla2005

kera care
Surge
Affirm
Nexxus

At American in Pentoville Road (Kings Cross):
Joico

In Finsbury Park there is PAC Cosmetic Centre near the tube station. I learnt they have really good stuff, but I haven't been there yet

At Juliet, peckam High Street:
Essations
vitale
vitapoint
Paul Mitchell

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

Organic root stimulator (whole line)
Doo Gro products
Sahara/Single Bible
Motions
Le Kair
Herbal Essence/Loreal/Aussie
African Pride
J/A/S/O/N Products (they stock em at Holland and Barrett and GNC)
Allways products
MOTIONS
Elasta QP
Profective

(Most products are distributed In London as well as the states)
But I try and get products from all over the world:D

Last edited:

hopeg80

lolla2005 said:

kera care
Surge
Affirm
Nexxus

Oh they sell surge!!! I have been wanting to try some of there stuff. I don't think that peckham is very far from me.

See that's why I need to get some Uk Friends because my DH doesn't want to go BSS scouting with me.

Blaque*Angel

ORS Shea butter lotion but have tried many other products including templr balm.
Aussie have a real good conditioner too....

lolla2005

hopeg80 said:
Oh they sell surge!!! I have been wanting to try some of there stuff. I don't think that peckham is very far from me.

See that's why I need to get some Uk Friends because my DH doesn't want to go BSS scouting with me.

at ACE they don't sell the entire line, but you will find Surge Plus 14, SUrge Lotion #9 and the woojie cream..

ah, they also sell redken products there!

lolla2005

rosalindb said:
J/A/S/O/N produce natural skincare and haircare products. This is the website http://www.jason-natural.com/

You can find their products in healthstores such as Applejacks (they have a store in Stratford, John Bell & Croydon, 50 Wigmore Street, W1, & Fresh & Wild, 69-75 Brewer Street, W1. I have also seen their products in the Asian owned stores at Upton Park

They are very reasonably priced as well 473 ml (16 oz) for appoximately £6.

You can also order on line at various sites :
http://www.naturalcollection.com/na...Natural-Cosmetics-with-certified-organic-.asp

Hope that helps

Baldwin & Co. also sells J/A/S/O/N products in Walworth road, near Elephant & Castle..

hopeg80

lolla2005 said:
at ACE they don't sell the entire line, but you will find Surge Plus 14, SUrge Lotion #9 and the woojie cream..

ah, they also sell redken products there!

Thanks for the info. :)