Going swimming...what to do with hair?

guudhair

I'm going swimming today and will not be wearing a swim cap...do I need to put anything in my hair as a precaution before I get in the water?...or just make sure I wash and condition good afterwards?...I am relaxed...TIA

madamdot

I dampen my hair before and put conditioner in.

If I don't do anything my hair seems to just suck up the chlorine water which makes my hair really dry.

onejamifan

Put a little leave in conditioner and then seal with plenty of coconut oil or any oil of your choice. That keeps the strands from soaking in too much of the water. Also make sure to shampoo with a chlorine removing shampoo as soon as possible after you go swimming...

Leeda.the.Paladin

I've been swimming 3 times a week this summer and I've been putting conditioner on my ends while dry, wetting hair pretty thoroughly and then applying conditioner all over. I also make sure my hair is in twists or secured so it won't be swishing all over the place.

Sapphire_chic

I've been swimming 3 times a week this summer and I've been putting conditioner on my ends while dry, wetting hair pretty thoroughly and then applying conditioner all over. I also make sure my hair is in twists or secured so it won't be swishing all over the place.
3 times a week thats so good. me and a friend are planning to swim this frequently very soon.
if you are swimming this regularly (and wearring a swim cap) would you still suggest clarifying every time or just once a week?

Leeda.the.Paladin

I started out using the chlorine removal shampoo each time and then stopped doing it all the time in favor of just using it when I felt my hair wasn't protected with other butters/products enough beforehand.