Going On Vacation - What to Do?!

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,
I am going to be traveling for two weeks on vacation. I know that I am going to be doing alot of water sports, playing in the ocean, swimming, sweating etc. I want to have a low maintenance style but I don't want my hair to break out during this time. I have been doing so well!! What should I do with my hair to protect it?

I would normally just get braids but my scalp can get so itchy that I can't take them past a week:lachen:

Thanks for your suggestions and help ladies!

Last edited:
I would co-wash and bun daily

I'm going away soon too and that's exactly what I plan do to, co-wash and bun daily. I'll take advantage of this time to see how daily co-washing works for me. For a night out on the town look, I plan on doing a series of prep work the night before like about 8 chunky twists throughout to give my hair a little crimp and tiny twists in the front braided into one braid with a jerri curl at the end (for my heat damage ends) to create my messy bun look as seen in my attachment. Hey, I might finally try a wash n go (WGO). But I need more products for that. I need a great moisturizer as a treat for my vacation right? (product junkies need excuses)

I'm also going to play with my scarves some! Can't wait....

Wash and go , for special events , 8antu knots or two strand twists with shea butter night before and finger comb. Bubs with flowers at the side few wisps of hair to frame your face. Have a safe and fun vacation.

Back