Going back to the salon... Questions to ask...

SmartyPants

I am going back to my old stylist (who does one of my cousin's hair) in two weeks to get a touch-up. I am doing this because I think a sensitve scalp lye relaxer will do less damage to my hair than the no-lye relaxer I currently use and I do not feel comfortable putting in my own lye relaxer.

Since joining this board, I am not going in blind like I used to (although, to be fair, when I lived here before this stylist did work wonders with my hair--consistent growth and no breakage). Here are a few of the things I plan to ask her/comments I plan to make when I make the appointment (if you can think of anything else I should ask, please add your questions):

(1) What type of relaxer is she using (she used to use Mizani but it has been eight years since I lived here)?

(2) Explain my problems with the affirm system if she says she uses that.

(3) Make sure she knows I need a sensitive scalp formula because my hair breaks from the root (not fun).

(4) Ask about an immmediate protein/deep conditioner to protect the hair in it's most vulnerable state (and find out if that is extra).

(5) Only allow a roller set!!!!

(6) Ask about the appropriate keracare products for my hair (she uses keracare).

Any other items I should ask about?

Back