Going back natural...

Dove56

I've really enjoyed having a relaxer; however, since I love color I'm going to start growing my natural hair back. I'm nervous about relaxers breaking my hair. Without relaxers my hair was super thick from root to tip with no breakage. Plus I miss wearing my hair curly!

yodie

Welcome aboard the Natural train!!

Enjoy your transition. I'm on my way back to natural too. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Country gal

Good luck with your transition. I am natural and love it. It can be a challenged using two chemicals. I want to get color again so I probably won't relax my hair. I am going to have to come up with more natural styles because the straight look is not working for me.

Dove56

Good luck with your transition. I am natural and love it. It can be a challenged using two chemicals. I want to get color again so I probably won't relax my hair. I am going to have to come up with more natural styles because the straight look is not working for me.

You look beautiful with straight and natural! I want the option to do both again. I don't want the "chemical curl" look..lol. I can't wait to be natural again!

Last edited:

sunnydaze

I've really enjoyed having a relaxer; however, since I love color I'm going to start growing my natural hair back. I'm nervous about relaxers breaking my hair. Without relaxers my hair was super thick from root to tip with no breakage. Plus I miss wearing my hair curly!

Alot of us are right there with you!!:)

PinkSkates

Good for you! your hair will be stronger and healthier. And I hated the chemical curl look also. My natural kinks/coils with some styling product look so much prettier than the chemical curl look I sported in the 90s. It's so passe' looking now.

Originally posted by veejee
You look beautiful with straight and natural! I want the option to do both again. I don't want the "chemical curl" look..lol. I can't wait to be natural again!

DivinelyNappy

:bounceline: Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the "napps are us" :circle:! :grin: I was terrified at first with never really knowing what my natural hair was or would look like but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it now! Good luck 2 ya!

Country gal

Thank you very much, Veejee. I am liking straight hair too again but it is hard to maintain since I am working out often.

Chromia

Congratulations on your decision to go natural! I'm also transitioning from relaxed hair. Color was one of the many reasons I decided to transition. I want to have that option without worrying about extra processing & damage.