Godrej Shikakai

SouthernTease

Anybody use this?
Do you love it?
I just got it from the Indian Market today for $1.49

Godrej Shikakai
New Godrej Shikakai contains Shikakai, Amla and Bhringraj to cleanse, condition and nourish hair. With this 3-in-1 enriched formulation, New Godrej Shikakai makes hair soft, silky and gives it a healthy shine. It’s AmlaPlus conditioning gives the hair a conditioning experience like shampoos.

Here's GODREJ's website where they sell it for $16.00 :nono2:

SouthernTease

SouthernTease,

Are the ingredients on the package? If so, can you post them, please?

tia,
tishee

The ingredients are in ARABIC but the site says it has "Shikakai, Amla and Bhringraj"... this is also what the Indian dude who sold it to me said because I was originally looking for Amla or something and he was like this is all of it in one and I was like yeah yeah he's just trying to get me to buy it so I double checked on website. Can't wait to try it and give ya'll my review. Tonight maybe.

morehairplease

The ingredients are in ARABIC but the site says it has "Shikakai, Amla and Bhringraj"... this is also what the Indian dude who sold it to me said because I was originally looking for Amla or something and he was like this is all of it in one and I was like yeah yeah he's just trying to get me to buy it so I double checked on website. Can't wait to try it and give ya'll my review. Tonight maybe.

thanksk ST!

MrsWatson

bumping for more responses....i just bought the same thing and would like to hear a few reviews before i use it...:look:

mingming3

HI ALL,

I bought two bars from coffee last month and I can honestly say that i love this soap bar!!!!!:yep: My hair always looks shiny and moisturized after using it!It reallys detangles great two!:grin:

Tamrin

unapologetic
Thats quite expensive for a soap bar. I thnk I i'll stick to my ayumix bar. 99 cents is better than 16 plus shipping. Girl thats 16 ayumix bars. Im entering PJ rehab.

Last edited:

LABETT

I like the Godrej brand much better than the Swastik Shikakai bar it is more moisturizing on my hair.

GoingNatural

I LOVE this stuff. It cleans my hair and leaves it moisturized. It cuts through all the hemp seed I put in my hair, but my hair still feels amazing. This stuff is a a gift from heaven. I love it. love it. love it.

morehairplease

hi ladies,

will anyone be willing to cp me a bar of soap? I can not find it in my area. I can pay through paypal or by money order/personal check.

hrtbndr21

I bought 4 of these bars for 79 cents a piece at an Indian grocery store. I'll try it out next weekend I washed my hair already today. Glad to hear people like it.

yodie

I brought this bar this weekend and it made my hair feel GREAT!

Seems like it left a little film on my hair though, BUT my hair felt so soft and strong. I was able to comb my hair with a small tooth comb and had no tangles or breakage.

This is a definite keeper for me.

Muse

In case anyone else wanted to know the ingredients. I emailed the company and they gave me the ingredients to this bar. Not so natural after all :ohwell:, oh well. It did make my hair soft after it dried and it didn't tangle my hair at all but I'm trying to stay as natural as possible, guess I'll be going back to CV bar soaps.

[FONT=&quot]Please find here ingredient list for Shikakai Soap[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sodium Palmate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sodium Palm Kernelate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Water[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Perfume [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Polyquaternium- 7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sodium Chloride[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Glycerin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Disodium EDTA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shikakai (Acacia concinna) Extract[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amla (emblica officinalis) Extract [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) extract[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titanium Dioxide[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BHT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Citric Acid[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CI 12150[/FONT]

mshoneyfly

This is a really good poo bar. It lathers well (not like other bars), leaves the hair soft and moist and its cheap. My DD tried it and she loves it too. I will be using it to cleanse my braids but I liked it on my hair when wearing it out too. I think it contributes to my newfound growth and retention.

I LOVE this HHJ!!