"Go ask your hair board

cutebajangirl

\"Go ask your hair board

what I can use to prevent split ends". So here I am guys, what can my friend who just highlighted her hair put on her ends to prevent split ends? Luckily I don't get split ends so I can't help her myself. She is looking for something that you put on dry ends daily.TIA.

ccd

Re: \"Go ask your hair board

What's her hair like.....thick/thin?

what about keracare's jojoba moisturizer...it's thick and creamy daily moisturizer, doesn't weigh down my hair but I have thick hair.

brittanynic16

She can keep her hair moist and stay away from heat. That is all I know that will take care of split ends

Kaela

Thats kind of a tough question since there isn't just a split end product solution, split ends are a result of your overall hair health and hair care. For me, occasional dusting of my ends, and daily moisture + oil product (like jojoba oil) works, but its also a result of the everything else I do ...

cutebajangirl

Her hair is thick and healthy. It seemed to retain moisture a lot better pre highlights. Now as a whole it tends to look drier and less silky. She rollersets weekly and never uses heat. At first I thought it was due to the winter weather (seeing as I met her in the fall) but now it is warming up and it isn't getting any better.

aqualung

relaxer damage + color damage = a giant headache

My sister experienced a similar tribulation when she got highlights.

"The color demands extra conditioning," my stylist warned me when I asked about highlights. He said he wouldn't consider coloring my hair because I'm too cheap to come into the salon twice as often for conditioning treatments. (My inexpensive cover was blown.)

I'd advise Sta-sof-fro because it holds moisture on my hair for DAYS, but that'd "revert" her rollerset straight style. Would she consider alternating vaselined buns one week and rollersets the next week for a while? Vaselined braided buns preserve my ends.

She should stop rollersetting with Lottabody and switch to something with no alcohol like Pantene detangle light spray conditioner. She should also get a deep condition EVERY WEEK under the bonnet dryer with a moisturizing conditioner, whether at home or in the salon (my not-so-cheap highlighted sister's solution).

Nutmeg

I have thick, highlighted hair, and I can definitely relate. My ends are in really good shape right now from:

-sealing with Vaseline and natural oils (Keracare Essential) after washing, and repeating (sometimes with Profectiv Healthy Ends) as needed

-limiting/not using heat

-wearing protective styles most/all of the time

-limiting brushing/only brushing as needed (instead only combing or detangling with fingers)

-LOTS OF MOISTURE (whatever the chosen product)and a good hair polisher/smoothing drops product

I'm sure these are things she might already know or do, but I've found that just being consistent, or changing products if you don't see an improvement, has made a huge difference with my ends. It's definitley an adjustment anytime you get color because it will make your hair dry, so I think it's really just as simple as the effort you put into it and getting a good regime going.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
what I can use to prevent split ends". So here I am guys, what can my friend who just highlighted her hair put on her ends to prevent split ends? Luckily I don't get split ends so I can't help her myself. She is looking for something that you put on dry ends daily.TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most important thing she can do with highlights is GET A RINSE. Even if it's clear. Seals that cuticle and stops it from unraveling.

cutebajangirl

Thank you all for helping. I'll print this out and give it to her. She is obsessed with hair too and really should join. Hopefully she will soon.

Nutmeg

Thank you so much, Ms_Kenesha, for the compliment. Your hair is adorable--you, like my mother (who is now sporting the most adorable TWA, just like she had back in the day) have a cute, round head which makes the cut so fierce (me and my big waterhead on the other hand, I could NEVER pull that off...
)