Global Warming and Christianity

Nefertiti0906

Lately, there's been a push to take preventative measures to prevent global warming. And usually when we're warned of global warming, we're told that there'll be very bad weather, very hot, desert like conditons, etc...

However, I came across a bible passage in Genesis 8, v. 21-22:

21[...]Then the LORD said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.
22 “While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

In that verse, the Lord mentions that we'll always have seedtime, harvest, cold, winter, etc...

So does that mean Global Warming will not be as extreme as the envionmentalist say it will be?

*Note: I believe that as inhabitants of the earth, part of our duty is to take care of the earth so I'm not saying we should not be conscious...

momi

The scriptures say that the earth groans with pains in Romans 8 -maybe the increase of natural disasters and other things attributed to "global warming" are a part of the earth's groaning. This was set into motion when sin entered the world through man's fall.

Just my two cents.

SEMO

I don't think we'll be around long enough to reap the serious consequences that a global warming could bring. :look:

cutiebe2

My friend was telling me that humans destroying the earth is one of the first steps to the coming of Jesus...there was a you tube video we watched on it that I will try to find now