Get Those Priorities Right in the New Year!

StrawberryQueen

One of my Facebook groups sent this message around. Enjoy!

I made a promise to myself that this year would be the year I completely opened my heart, mind, and body to listen to what God has to say for my life. No more of Amber going off her own intuition or thinking it must be God...its now time for Amber to seek God's voice and understanding in all I do.

This month is the month of consecration. For those who dont know what consecration means it literally means "set apart". This is the first month and should be lived out the way you want your entire year to go. I have vowed that this year is for God, so I will spend this month and year getting to know God.

It is important to put your priorities in order early so that you may be successful throughout the month and the year. Dont let this year be just another year of the same oh same oh.

For those who would like lead this year off right, I challenge you with the following task.

1. Its time out for talking to God when we need something, but it should be a regular routine like when we talk to our boyfriend and friends. How mad do you get if that guy doesnt call you? You should have the same hurt if you don't have a chance to talk to God during the day. So lets make a change in 07. Set up a daily prayer schedule. For example I am going to pray 3 times a day. One in the morning, evening, and night. Even if you pray 5 minutes each time you will begin to see a difference in your relationship with God. So ladies lets start praying. If you dont know what to pray about...make a schedule for the week of things you want to focus on everyday as simple as healing, family needs, etc.... So you dont forget write it down on a calendar or set your phone on timer. This is crucial to getting your life lined up for what can be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

2. How are we going to live for a belief that many of us know nothing about other than what the pastor says on Sunday? You have to start reading about the religion that you are apart of. I challenge you all to read the entire bible this year. Visit http://www.oneyearbibleonl

ine.com/january.asp?versio
n=51.
After you pray just read one of the books that are outlined for the day. The way it is broken down on this site is so easy and if you can read Zane you can read this surely. It helps you regain focus and have the daily relationship with God.

3. We continually call people about our problems or to talk about what this friend did to me. Telling these people will not solve the problem, but in many times only make it worst. Its time to bring everything to the alter to God. What was done in 2006 needs to be left in 2006. Ask for forgiveness and keep on moving. Year after year we women continue to take old relationships, attitudes, and hurts into the new year. Three words for you LET IT GO. You are not with him, because he is not for you. You did not get that job because God knows what it could have led you in. You are here right now where you are at for a purpose, so stop worrying about the past because it will take you off the path to your purpose and dont use the excuse everything happens for a reason. Somethings only happened because you were the reason. So lets stand up and let go of the excuses.

Ladies I love you and hope you will embark with me on this challenge. We will be better women at the end. Love you all.
:grin:

prettywhitty

Great post, I'm already doing the one year bible online. I truly want to be closer to God and submit to his will for 2007.