GET THAT HAIR OUT THE DRAIN!

Thank you Anky !! My man was just getting on me for clogging the sinks..I got busted pulling my shedding hair out and he belted out this morning "THATS WHY THE SINK IS CLOGGED!!" Your the best!!

chayil0427

OMG! You don't know how bad I needed this. I only gently rake through my hair with a very wide tooth comb about twice a week so on wash day I've got almost a weeks worth of sheeding. My drain is a mess and I'm tired of having the complex guy come fix it. THANK YOU! :D

Chayil

chayil0427

Miss Nina said:
If you guys are cheap like me, you can pour 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of vinegar, followed by a pot of boiling water to clear clogs also.

I still think I may buy this though, I'm going to start saving my quarters now:lol:
BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT!!

Girl I heard that! (heard that...that's old) I don't have 2.50 either!

Chayil

prettyinpurple

Our bathroom sink finally clogged up last night. It had been draining very slowly for a while. I ran out to Rite Aid and Home Depot but they were both closed.

I went back to Home Depot this morning and bought several Zip-its. Went home, used it and voila! Man that thing works! It wasn't as much hair as I thought so it wasn't too scary lol.

Be sure to stick it down all sides of the stopper to get all of the hair.

I will definitely be sure to keep this on hand from now on.

kbragg

Thank you so much for posting this! My bathroom sink has one of those stoppers that doesn't come out either. I bought 2 ZIp It's at Walmart this evein and Viola!:eek: Warning, if you used ANY draino recently be careful 'cause it does splatter:perplexed Make sure you're not wearing a nice top either!:ohwell:

Tee

OMG. I used the ZipIT and I was so grossed out at all the hair I kept pulling out of my drains. I would have NEVER guessed I had that much crap down there. (And I use drain cleaners at least 2 times a month) I know I will always keep one of these handy dandy tools around. I love this it!!

I can't remember the last time my drains ran this smooth!

natstar

Anky u r the best!. I was so impressed with it and it was CHEAP! Seeing all that hair and gunked totally grossed me out (and I have a strong stomach and tolerance level). If any ladies have clogged drains- USE IT!!!. I'm gonna tell everyone about this! :D

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I got one of these....no more draino for me! The hair came out wasn't a lot but it was all packed together. My drains are running the best they've run since I moved into this apt.

Thanks Anky!

Ms Kraft

Letitia said:
OMG. I used the ZipIT and I was so grossed out at all the hair I kept pulling out of my drains. I would have NEVER guessed I had that much crap down there. (And I use drain cleaners at least 2 times a month) I know I will always keep one of these handy dandy tools around. I love this it!!

I can't remember the last time my drains ran this smooth!

Hey girl! Where did you find it? My showing is draining really slow and I know exactly why. :lachen: I need one before hubby gets to hollarin'. :lachen::lachen:

natstar

I got mine at Walgreens. It was sort of hidden in the house cleaning aisle next to the mops etc. I think you can also find it at Walmart but I dunno for sure.

Rainy

I must agree that the Zip It is the best thing next to a plumber. It truly removes a lot of hair. I keep a couple under the sinks in the house. When the drain slows down, I whip it open. I moved to a new home this year. It was a bit gross to pull out hair that may not belong to me. Yuck, but at least it's gone.

prettyinpurple

crlsweetie912 said:
Where is it located in the store? By the cleaners? TIA!

At Home Depot, it was on one of the plumbing aisles (my store had two aisles). These are the aisles with actual plumbing tools and pipes. Also ask someone for it, the person I asked knew right where it was.

So at Home Depot, it was definitely not in the aisle that has cleaning products 'cause that was my first stop.

LaNecia

anky said:
Um... I have a slight addiction to using this. It's to the point where I want to knock on my friend's door and use it for her drains. Please don't laugh at me.

Sorry, :look: but....:lachen: :lol:

nuance7

I just got one of these today......and FREE FLOWING DRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much "gunky" hair was down there...but no more. I have spent a fortune on draino...liquid plummer, etc. The Zip-it is the way to go! Just had to share!

TinyT

At Home Depot, it was on one of the plumbing aisles (my store had two aisles). These are the aisles with actual plumbing tools and pipes. Also ask someone for it, the person I asked knew right where it was.

So at Home Depot, it was definitely not in the aisle that has cleaning products 'cause that was my first stop.

I just picked up two of these from Home Depot. They worked so well. It was quite yucky how much hair built up in the bathroom sink and bath tub. I was proud of myself for unclogging my own drain. And for only 2.19 that is a steal. Thanks for the suggestion.

TLC1020

Thanks for bumping this thread tracyannette, I will be heading to Walgreens tomorrow...:yep:

I just picked up two of these from Home Depot. They worked so well. It was quite yucky how much hair built up in the bathroom sink and bath tub. I was proud of myself for unclogging my own drain. And for only 2.19 that is a steal. Thanks for the suggestion.

kweenameena

I was looking for this thread. I couldn't remember the name of the tool.
Thanks Anky!! I need this cuz my tub got clogged this morning.