Garlic Shampoo for Shedding?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I recommended Garlic shampoo to my friend for shedding but how do you get past that terrible smell? We went to the BSS last night and they had a couple different brands but the garlic smell in all of them was very strong. Any recommendations?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Nutrine and Spanish Garden have unscented formulas, too. I have used the scented ones, though. Just follow it up with a really loud conditioner like Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner, Aubrey's GPB or Island Spice or a mint or tea tree conditioner.

I also spray Lysol Disinfectant Mist Away Daily Shower Cleaner on my shower curtains and light a candle in the bathroom when I'm done.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
CH:
I didn't see an unscented one. I did see Nutrine though and it most certainly had a scent. Does the unscented bottle look different?

kisz4tj

I used the scented one and although it does smell when you open the bottle, I never experienced an overwhelming stench in my hair or anything.

DahomeyAhosi

There is also an unscented Queen Helene garlic shampoo. I have a bottle but I haven't opened it yet so I don't know if it works. I've used Nutrine which didn't. The QH has ALS though.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The QH didn't do anything for my shedding. If anything, it made it worse because my hair was so stripped and tangled. I'm going to try it diluted one day.
Hair Vite also has an unscented garlic shampoo. I have never used it, but Allandra has. IIRC it is sulfate free...

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Thanks ladies. I think I scared my friend away. When we opened the bottle in the store ( I smell everything before I buy) I almost gagged. I will go back to look for a unscented version.