Garlic Infused Oil for Shedding & Thickness

quasimodi

Hey, in an effort to create an oil that will help reduce shedding & hopefully thicken up my hair, I'm going to attempt to infuse an mixture of coconut, jojoba, emu oil, & castor/EVOO with GARLIC, parsley, nettle, horsetail, rosemary and burdock. I was going to use a crockpot & simmer the oils & herbs for several hours on warm like when I make amla oil

Afterwards, I plan to add some essential oils such as tea tree, rosemary, peppermint, & lavender to help with the smell, because I REALLY don't want to walk around smelling like garlic forever and a day. But, I also want to be able to preserve the mixture...hence the essential oil.s

I want to be able to use the oil as a hot oil treatment as well as a daily oil when necessary. But, I really want to have a strong infusion of the garlic & herbs. So will the crock pot method work or does someone have a better method? I've seen threads about microwaving the garlic, but I really wanted to do all of the ingredients at once in one pot if possible.

Ltown

Greyland
How do you make Amla oil?
MonaRae, look up infusion here, and I think Flowinlocks post her technique in the 6 months ayurveda thread. You would do the same as the garlic oil, just use the oils you want but you amla powder. You will need to use cheesecloth or tea bags for the powder. I have some oil that I brought from Indian store you can try!

hair4romheaven

This is the oil mix I use for shedding, regrowing and thickness. It doesn't contain garlic however it has been proven to thicken and regrow hair in alopecia patients. So i said hey why not!! I do have a thin spot on my crown from a relaxer. I our a little out each night a boil water place oil in a thick mug once water boils turn off stove and place mug in pot for 1 minute. After i apply oil to scalp and massage for a minute or two I place a shower cap on, scarf and turbie then sleep. Once i awake the oil is essentially absorbed in my scalp. I am currently cornrowed and wear a wig so i don't have to style.

3 drops of rosemary oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of thyme oil, 2 drops of cedarwood oil, 4 teaspoons of grapeseed oil and half teaspoon of jojoba oil.