Free full bottle of Suave Keratin Infusion-First 50,000

twilight80

Giveaway is Over!!!!!!

Still has anyone used the shampoo and conditioner before??? The treatment is not recommended for AA hair.

Suave is giving away a full bottle of their Suave Keratin Infusion if you like them on Facebook and enter your information. They will send you a product coupon in the mail. Has anyone tried this? Sounds like a good alternative to the salon treatments. https://www.facebook.com/SuaveBeauty?sk=app_300858586615866

Here is the link to product page.
http://suave.thismoment.com/us/facebook/

Last edited:

twilight80

I just took to test on the product site for the 30 day smoothing kit and it doesn't recommend me using it....I think because my hair is relaxed though.

NaturalPath

I read on the Suave website that they don't recommend their treatment for AA hair. Not sure why......

Because it tends to be drier than non-AA hair. However I think if your hair is very healthy and you know how to properly access your moisture levels, you may be fine with using the treatment. Although, if your hair is 4a/4b/4c you may not see the results you were expecting.

I noticed when taking the quiz that as long as your hair is healthy and hasnt been colored/dyed within a few months the product is recommended.

sydwrites

Isnt that an AA female on the picture?!
I probably wouldn't do the smoothing treatment anyway just the products which is what they recommended for me, most likely because my hair is color treated.

Adaoba2012

Thanks for the link...I'm getting my sample. I think as long as you keep your hair healthy it should be fine.

biancaelyse

Because it tends to be drier than non-AA hair. However I think if your hair is very healthy and you know how to properly access your moisture levels, you may be fine with using the treatment. Although, if your hair is 4a/4b/4c you may not see the results you were expecting.

I noticed when taking the quiz that as long as your hair is healthy and hasnt been colored/dyed within a few months the product is recommended.

This is what is posted under the FAQ section for the kit on the Suave website:

Q: I have African American hair. Can I use the product? Why not?
A: NO. This product has not been developed for use on African American hair and has not been shown to deliver the intended benefits on this hair type.

In the case of relaxed African American hair, it is critical that this product NOT be used as serious breakage will occur

I use a different brand of Keratin Treatment (QOD MAX OrganiQ) on my kids and that brand (although pricey) works really well and lasts for several months.

Last edited:

twilight80

I think the treatment is not recommended for AA hair, but the shampoo and conditioner should be ok....That's why I wanted to see if anyone has tried it before.

Dove56

Do not use it ladies, the product contains thioglycolate!! If you put over a relaxer it will be the equivalent of putting Nair.in your hair!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Dove56

Aveda, Bumble and Bumble con.censtraight.and Ojon Supersleek are releasing at home smoothing treatment. They contain sulfites...off to Google and research.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

biancaelyse

I think the treatment is not recommended for AA hair, but the shampoo and conditioner should be ok....That's why I wanted to see if anyone has tried it before.

I have not tried the Suave Keratin Shampoo or Conditioner but I can vouch for the Organix brand Keratin Shampoo and Conditioners and they are very, very nice.

The Suave one is low sulfate but the Organix is 100% sulfate and sodium free.

DaiseeDay

That ish cray.

For those who use the organix keratin products: Does it have any sort of smoothing effect on your hair like a keratin treatment? Or is it just a nice shampoo/conditioner?

biancaelyse

That ish cray.

For those who use the organix keratin products: Does it have any sort of smoothing effect on your hair like a keratin treatment? Or is it just a nice shampoo/conditioner?

I tried the Organix 30 Day on my kids and it didn't work well at all. It washed right out.

I will admit that I didn't fully follow directions since I didn't do 10 passes at 400 degrees. Way too much heat IMO and I was more worried about permanent damage.

ChristmasCarol

I get all free stuff - whether I plan on using it or not. :look:
I'll give it to DD#1's White friend.

ETA: After reading the Amazon reviews, I wouldn't give this to anyone :nono:

Last edited: