For those who trim themselves

CORBINS

I know many of you already know this, but there may be a few of you, like me, who trim with bad scissors.
I always knew it was bad to trim my hair with cheap scissors, but I did it anyway. I've been trimming my hair a lot wondering why my ends were still splitting badly. I thought it was because I still had "scab" hair (I'm natural) to get rid of. Well, over the past year I've trimmed about 2.5 inches, maybe more, due to split ends! I know I couldn't have that much "scab" hair. This morning I took a look at my cheap-o Goody brand scissors and they were not sharp at all, and had bumps on the blades!!! So, I just wanted to remind everyone who is trimming at home to make sure you take a good look at your scissors and make sure the blades are smooth because it could be causing your spilt ends. Thanks for reading!!!

Hair Iam

CORBINS said:
I know many of you already know this, but there may be a few of you, like me, who trim with bad scissors.
I always knew it was bad to trim my hair with cheap scissors, but I did it anyway. I've been trimming my hair a lot wondering why my ends were still splitting badly. I thought it was because I still had "scab" hair (I'm natural) to get rid of. Well, over the past year I've trimmed about 2.5 inches, maybe more, due to split ends! I know I couldn't have that much "scab" hair. This morning I took a look at my cheap-o Goody brand scissors and they were not sharp at all, and had bumps on the blades!!! So, I just wanted to remind everyone who is trimming at home to make sure you take a good look at your scissors and make sure the blades are smooth because it could be causing your spilt ends. Thanks for reading!!!

Thanks .
I just ordered barbers scissors;)

Ayeshia

yep I finally bought some real scissors made for hair at sally's, and thats all I use them for.

MsBiz

I am so glad that I found this post b/c earlier today I was wondering why I keep getting split ends. I am wearing a very low maintence hair style. I do conditioner treatments and henna treatments. But I do buy cheap scissors from the grocery store. I am on my way to Sally's tomorrow.