For Those Drinking Tea for Growth...

JFK

I drink tea for nursing moms/breastfeeding to increase my milk production.

I was looking at the ingredients of the tea and, after researching, found that a lot of them are claimed to be great for hair growth.

I drink different brands of these teas.

Today it's Yogi Tea Woman's Nursing Mom.

2000mg per bag of the following herbal blend:

-Organic Chamomile Flower
-Organic Fennel Seed
-Organic Stinging Nettle Leaf
-Organic Anise Seed
-Organic Fenugreek
-Organic English Lavender Flower

Just an idea for the tea drinkers looking for growth.

JFK

If you do a search, you'll find a thread by Isis about drinking nettle tea for growth.

SmilingElephant

Hmmmm....I looooove me some tea!! Especially Celestial Seasons(sp?) Tension Tamer, Vanilla Chamomile, Regular Chamomile, and Tazo Chai.

I often wondered if it helps with hair growth...i drink a cup almost every night...it helps me sleep and relax:yep:

grow

very interesting!

i have been drinking fenugreek for a few months now and yes, my hair is growing.

i also have nettle, although i don't drink it (yet), i make a tea from it using distilled water and rinse my hair with that one (also fenugreek, rosemary and horsetail)

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Sounds like something I can do :yep: I like drinking tea instead of coffee in the morning. Thanks for sharing OP!

grow

Ive been drinking nettle tea and have noticed increased growth.:yep:

i've been wondering about that dried nettle i've got......:rolleyes:

thanks for your post LadyAmani!

how many cups do you drink every day and how long before you noticed a difference?

BeaLady

Thanks.

I'm going to start making teas for rinses and also to drink. I'm stocking up on my herbs now.

I also bought this teapot from Avon to make my teas.

Glass Teapot with Infuser
036-732
$14.99

LadyAmani

i've been wondering about that dried nettle i've got......:rolleyes:

thanks for your post LadyAmani!

how many cups do you drink every day and how long before you noticed a difference?

I keep my hair braided up in cornrows for a month, so it took me a month to notice. I only drink one cup per day and that month even skipped about 5 days worth.

grow

I drink tea for nursing moms/breastfeeding to increase my milk production.

I was looking at the ingredients of the tea and, after researching, found that a lot of them are claimed to be great for hair growth.

I drink different brands of these teas.

Today it's Yogi Tea Woman's Nursing Mom.

2000mg per bag of the following herbal blend:

-Organic Chamomile Flower
-Organic Fennel Seed
-Organic Stinging Nettle Leaf
-Organic Anise Seed
-Organic Fenugreek
-Organic English Lavender Flower

Just an idea for the tea drinkers looking for growth.

i just love your motto, JFK!

of the teas you listed, my Fenugreek, Nettle, and Lavender Flower arrived today, so you KNOW i'm gonna be having some great tea&honey today!:yep:

i'm also going to mix in some Mint, Sage, and Burdock Root!:lick:

hhj ladies!

grow

btw, ladies, i just found this interesting info on burdock root tea, in case anybody's interested:
http://www.florahealth.com/Flora/Home/canada/healthinformation/encyclopedias/burdockroot.asp

"Externally, burdock preparations are used as a wash for abscesses, acne, all manner of swellings, boils, catarrh and hair growth." this is why it's going in my tea rinses, too.

http://www.normanallan.com/Med/herbs/burdock.htm
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/hairloss_nutrition.html

here, they have info on the herbs JFK shared with us are good for hair growth, and some nice herb recipies for each hair type, too.

hhj ladies!

JFK

Thanks.

I'm going to start making teas for rinses and also to drink. I'm stocking up on my herbs now.

I also bought this teapot from Avon to make my teas.

Glass Teapot with Infuser
036-732
$14.99

Did you order that from Avon, the makeup company? I didn't know they offered such things in their catalog!

I definitely need an infuser. Did you know that there is a certain art to brewing certain teas, i.e. green tea? I didn't know that you aren't supposed to steep it in boiling hot water like black teas. It has to be hot but not boiling hot for the most benefit.

I'm not on that level yet though. I still brew all my teas with boiling hot water. However, I do let it steep for at least 10 minutes.

JFK

i just love your motto, JFK!

of the teas you listed, my Fenugreek, Nettle, and Lavender Flower arrived today, so you KNOW i'm gonna be having some great tea&honey today!:yep:

i'm also going to mix in some Mint, Sage, and Burdock Root!:lick:

hhj ladies!

Thanks! It's true!