Flaxseed Oil and Texture

SelfStyled

I have been taking Flaxseed oil for the past 8 weeks and I have noticed a dramatic change in texture in my new growth. It seems less coarse and more moisturized. I knew that MSM could cause a change in NG, but I did not know this about Flaxseed oil.

What have your experiences been?

ETA: I only take 1000mg

LivingDoll

My experience has been the same. I have been taking Flaxseed Oil since February and my new growth was noticeably different than before. Just like you said...softer and more moisturized. :yep:

vestaluv1

I've started taking flaxseed oil and MSM ad I've oticed that my new growth is so soft is scary! I've only been transitioning for 18 weeks, but I remember my hair being a lot coarser than this when I did not relax.
I don't know if its the MSM, flaxseed oil, neither or both?

locabouthair

I've taken flax seed oil before but always sporadically never long enough to see results. I have the COARSEST, DRIEST hair you can imagine. Ya'll don't know :nono: I'm :pray: this can help my hair. If this can soften my ng just a little bit I'd be ecstatic. :yep:

I smell a challenge :grin:

I have to admit I am/was a little skeptical because I figured my coarse hair is genetic and nothing could change that.

BTW: have any of you noticed your hair is shinier?

Last edited:

SelfStyled

Yay! So happy the Flaxseed is working for you two.

Loca, I'm telling you start taking it every day. Our hair is very similar and my hair is COARSE. I normally relax at 8 weeks, and even though I have new growth I feel like I could add on few weeks because my NG is just that manageable. I haven't noticed shiny hair yet, I've only been on it for 8 weeks.

Another thing that I have noticed is that my skin is not as dry as it used to be.

locabouthair

Yay! So happy the Flaxseed is working for you two.

Loca, I'm telling you start taking it every day. Our hair is very similar and my hair is COARSE. I normally relax at 8 weeks, and even though I have new growth I feel like I could add on few weeks because my NG is just that manageable. I haven't noticed shiny hair yet, I've only been on it for 8 weeks.

Another thing that I have noticed is that my skin is not as dry as it used to be.

I'm definitely gonna start. I have a bottle sitting in my refridgerator too. I'm 8 weeks too. I want to stretch longer but right now my roots are getting real thick.

I'm gonna start a flax seed challenge. :grin:

glam-

Hmm, I've been taking flaxseed oil (in the gel caps) for probably the past year. I'm not sure if I've noticed any difference in texture or shine, but I find it easier to manage my hair though I attribute that to the fact that I've been refining my products and techniques that its hard to attribute success to any one thing.

I will say people compliment me on my skin and its softness and glow a lot more now- so flaxseed oil may have something to do with that. Good luck with the challenge ladies. I'll be taking my flaxseed too :grin:

scoobygirl

I need to get on this. My skin, hair, feet, and lips stay dry no matter how much water I drink or moisturizers I use. How many grams is everyone taking and how long does it take to see the effects?

vestaluv1

SorrySelfStyled...:hiya:,
I just have a quick question for you.
I see in your siggy that you use Carefree Curl Gold.
My boyfriend bought some Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer and I sprayed some on my new growth because I am at a loss as to how to soften it, so I tried it out on a section of hair. It feels like it really helped and moisturised it.
I was just wondering if you think it was a good moisturiser to use on my new growth whilst I transitioning.
Thanx.

metro_qt

Has Anyone noticed weight loss with flaxseed oil?
In an the health and Fitness forum, one member posted that she couldn't continue taking flaxseed oil because she started losing weight.. (she was already skinny)

SelfStyled

In an the health and Fitness forum, one member posted that she couldn't continue taking flaxseed oil because she started losing weight.. (she was already skinny)

I wish:rolleyes:. One thing I have noticed is uhm, fuller breasts.:look:. Yay!

SelfStyled

SorrySelfStyled...:hiya:,
I just have a quick question for you.
I see in your siggy that you use Carefree Curl Gold.
My boyfriend bought some Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer and I sprayed some on my new growth because I am at a loss as to how to soften it, so I tried it out on a section of hair. It feels like it really helped and moisturised it.
I was just wondering if you think it was a good moisturiser to use on my new growth whilst I transitioning.
Thanx.

Okay about the carefree, I have not been able to update my siggy, due to error messages, but the one that I used wasn't the spray bottle, I beleive it was the activator and it was in a non spray bottle. NEways that being said, I think it would still be a nice way to keep your NG nice and moisturized, I would think it would help to keep the point of demarcation break free.

I love your use of whilst- that is the cutest thing ever:yep:.

SelfStyled

I haven't noticed weight loss or fuller breasts...what brand are y'all taking? :lachen:

I swear to you, I thought I was losing my mind. Until I saw on here that another member had experienced the same thing. I take 1000mg of Nature Made that I got at Target. I liken it to you know how the week before aunt flow comes to visit and you get swelling. It's like that but it never goes away. I have not gained any weight yet they are bigger.

I was leaning over the kitchen counter and DH's eyes were like:shocked:. When did you get all that, lol. Yeah boy Flaxseed for life.

LivingDoll

I swear to you, I thought I was losing my mind. Until I saw on here that another member had experienced the same thing. I take 1000mg of Nature Made that I got at Target. I liken it to you know how the week before aunt flow comes to visit and you get swelling. It's like that but it never goes away. I have not gained any weight yet they are bigger.

I was leaning over the kitchen counter and DH's eyes were like:shocked:. When did you get all that, lol. Yeah boy Flaxseed for life.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I know that's right! I'm currently SO-less so maybe mine have grown and I haven't noticed.

vestaluv1

I wish:rolleyes:. One thing I have noticed is uhm, fuller breasts.:look:. Yay!

Man, this better start happenin' to me :look:.
Flaxseed is sounding like a wonder pill right now:
  • Softer hair
  • Longer hair
  • More moisturised skin
  • Weight Loss
  • Breast implant simulation :lachen:
WOW - WEE. I did to STOCK UP! :cheers:

BTW... Thanx for the reply SelfStyled!

miami74

Come to think of it, I was shocked to see that my NG was soft and moisturized. I take 1000 mg of flaxseed oil daily and 500 mg of MSM daily for the past couple of months. And yes, I have noticed my boobs getting a lil fuller. Wow! I guess that is why.

Last edited:

CenteredGirl

Funny, I just started a low glycemic eating regimen and just took my first dose of Flaxeed oil yesterday evening after dinner.

Your results sound fantastic! We'll see in 8 weeks for me!

gymfreak336

Flaxseed oil and other sources of omega 3 fatty acids have helped my hair grow in softer too. Omega 3 benefits the WHOLE body in SO many ways.

ms_xcarlett

:eek:I WISH!!!!!! I put on weight...and lots of it..not just me, my mother and sister have put on..its madness! I was taken flax for 3-4 months

I loved taking it, but had to stop:nono:, now im taking EPO, hoping for the same result that Flax gave!

gymfreak336

:eek:I WISH!!!!!! I put on weight...and lots of it..not just me, my mother and sister have put on..its madness! I was taken flax for 3-4 months

I loved taking it, but had to stop:nono:, now im taking EPO, hoping for the same result that Flax gave!

EPO has more omega 6 than flaxseed oil. Try fish oil or just increasing the amount of fish in your diet instead. You can also eat more walnuts.

Platinum

I noticed that my NG feels softer but I thought it may have come from the MTG mix that I use.:look: Maybe the flaxseed capsules help.:yep: I hope it helps my "girls" grow a little more.:grin: