Flat Iron I purchased/ what do you ladies think?

You may have to wait until the board has even more traffic on it. I hope you get an answer soon. I don't really know about flat irons either.

Sterry-

Quite a few people answered your last post, incl me. People gave you reviews of both CHI and FHI and even places where you could buy them. Were you able to read any of them?

The iron you just bought is a mid-range priced ceramic flat iron. It is fine if you are not familiar w/irons and just want something to get your hair straight with. However, the more expensive irons such as CHI, FHI, HAI, UNIL, Rusk and others have a PTFC heater which is what you want in a high quality ceramic flat iron. This powerful heater is reflected in the price of the iron (over 50 dollars) b/c of it's true nature to heat the hair from the inside out and regulate and restore the heat that is lost once the iron is placed on your hair. There are other threads where this is mentioned.

Anyway, don't be alarmed. I'm sure that you will be able to do what you want w/the iron you purchased, however, when you're ready to make an upgrade, pls try to get a higher priced iron. It's a very good investment.

P.S. : NOT TO MAKE YOU FEEL BAD.. but if you were going to get a mid-range iron, I wish you had bought one (like a Jilbere) from Sally's. That way if you didn't like it, you could return it!
smile.gif

Hey sterry I have the exact same iron as you do. With my experience with that iron isn't that positive. My hair keeps getting snagged in the crevices of the plates. Maybe they have fixed the flaw but I haven't used that iron in a long time. Right now I'm loving my 1" iron by the same manufacturer. But then again this is my experience.

Sterry,

If you're not going to flat iron very often, I think the one you purchased will work out just fine. I have a Jilbere Ceramic flat iron. It doesn't seem to be much different than yours. BTW, I don't flat iron my hair very often, but when I do, a regular ole ceramic flat iron comes in handy. HTH.
smile.gif

Back