Fine hair ladies: how do you feel about the "Juice????

We have to be careful with our hair type. A little goes a long way for us. I co wash daily so im able to juice. It will make my hair mushy too if I dont wash daily. and that baggy mess, is a no no for my hair, it cause major breakage from being to soft. But I know... to each its own.

I love the juice and am also fine-haired. I usually use S-curl mixed with aloe vera juice or glycerin and rosewater. If I'm wearing my hair straight, I will spray some into palms and lightly run it through my NG, length, and ends. If I'm wearing a braidout or WNG, I will spray it directly on my hair, but still only lightly.

This is similar to what I do. I don't use the juice daily. I only use the juice for my weekend twist outs and braid outs so that I do not have to re-moisturize for the whole weekend. This way, I do not have to mess with the definition of the hairstyle.:yep:

I made my own Juice.

I mixed Mane and Tail conditioner, Glycerin, Amla Oil, Castor Oil, Water and a nice big squirt of Right On Curl. It works for me. I am natural. It makes it super easy to comb-out, too. I think it works so well because it has a nice combo of moisture AND protein. My hair maintains moisture and doesn't dry out as quickly as using straight-from-the-bottle Juicers.

I really like Hawaiian Silky, though. It 'was' one of my staples until i became a diy-er.

Those of you who aren't pleased, try making your own.

I love s curl but I mostly use it when I am bunning or wear plaits under my wigs. its too heavy for me to use when I wear my hair down. Well really any moisturizer is too heavy when I wear my hair down

I am 20 something weeks post with relaxed ends. When I first started juicing my hair would become sticky, dry, and fragile after buildup. It seemed like my CFCG was like water , it would soften and moisturize my hair but then dry up. I just loved the softness so I have began sealing with hair grease to lock in the moisture and sleekness.

It is like my dream mositurizer now. I'm not switching up. It's better than coconut oil to me because it doesn't end up everywhere. That is one thing I had hated about moisturizing.

I know that product buildup occurs easily and I had suspected moisture overload but the problems ceased once started sealing. I cowash once a week and haven't used in protein in a while.

This is a great thread! I have fine, chemical-free, 4 hair and I've been thinking about trying the juice. I've been a little apprehensive. After reading yalls advice, I'll probably mix mine with Mega Tek (or the Avocado mist), purified or rosewater, and aloe juice.

Thanks ladies!

I have fine hair and my hair is natural (4B) and I LOVE S Curl. Not the gel, the spray. When I apply it to damp hair it dries up hard, but after I moisten my hair with it again once dry, it soaks into my hair and leaves my hair feeling moist and cool and not at all sticky. I do not use daily like some people. I only need use it on the day I was my hair and then baggy nightly and I have soft fluffy, touchable hair for days. I spray it into my hand before applying to my hair as well.

If I had relaxed hair, I think I'd use it on my new growth now that I know how soft it gets it. I think if you aren't applying it daily, and aren't applying it with anything else, it shouldn't feel greasy. I remember someone who thought it was greasy but I encouraged her to try it w/ nothing else. She later PMed me and said she was surprised that it was more watery than oily/sticky and actually was surprised that it wasn't sticky.

I have fine strands, yet dense hair. My hair hates the juice. I've only tried Care Free Gold, and it does not keep my hair moisturized. Hopefully some of the other suggestions work for me. :)

I'm a fine haired natural and my hair hates the juice. I even tried to make my own juice. NOPE! :nono: Glycerin and aloe vera juice make my hair feel like wet crunchy hay. ICK!

My hair only responds well to creamy leave-ins. :lick:

Last time I used s curl it broke my healthy hair on use so if I did use it again it would be diluted with water. I always dilute braid sprays and juicey products like the Waajid Spray.

i sooo love the juice, makes my hair so soft. i keep my balance by doing a protein DC weekly. i never would have made it without the juice.

I like s-curl the best. When my relaxed ends were super fine would only add a small dab to the palm of my hands and rub it into my ends it works great.

Can't use too much of it. When I make sure I have regular protein on hand ei HARD protein every 6 weeks I have do proplem....

If I'm longer than 6 weeks past a hard protein treatment I must use it sparingly.

The key is to make sure you have that protein in your hair FIRST. then the juice keeps you from getting brittle and keeps the hair soft with no problem.

Hmm... I'm beginning to think S-Curl might be the culprit of my sudden moisture overload. I had cut out most of the protein in my regimen when I first started using it. :scratchch Too bad ... loved the shine it gave me, but I don't think I'll be re-purchasing it. Thanks for this post, I wish I had considered this sooner (lol).

Back