Fearing/Dealing with Negativity when "Going Natural"

OMgoodness. Poor thing. I had to stop watching it. I will go back and finish though. I say this all the time and my mama told me this years ago--"If you worry about what others think you will not live your life". Do you, all day everyday :yep:. Another thing I say is "The worst thing to be in life: not yourself". Who else can you be? I feel like there are a lot of people out there just miserable and going through the motions. Life is way too short for that.

I like her from the brief part I saw and want to see what is going on with her now.

I'm glad she did it. The more black women decide to go natural, if that's what they really want to do, the less stigma will be attached to our natural hair.

Man, I feel so lucky to have my mom and sisters who were already natural even before I thought to be who encouraged me and helped me through my transition. Not that I didn't suffer the negative comments from others but, dang, watching this video makes me want to give a hug to all the ladies who have had it rough when dealing with other people's opinions of their natural hair.

Back