Fasting & Prayer Team for Upcoming Season

star

Ladies, we have been doing a group or team fast along with our personal fast and I know it has been hard to do both in a given week. God had led me to do the team fast about year and half ago and we still will do this but he is now leading me to recommend more individual or private fasting and praying during this upcoming seasons. We will as stated continue in our team fasting and prayer but it will not be as often. But, PLEASE ladies continue to do your private fast. I will still send out notices about 1-2 times month for us to do team fasting but will also send out reminders for you to do your initimate or individual fasting.

God bless and consider this a shifting in the season. As you fast and pray each and every time please remember all the ladies on the team, world leaders, upcoming elections and anything else God leads you to do.

I will keep it like this for next quarter and see how the Lord leads.

HeChangedMyName

I need a fast. I need a breakthrough. I am to a point where had gotten content with my circumstances. Now God has moved me into a place of discomfort. You know how God will make you uneasy to let you know you are ready for a change. I am in that point. What is a good fast that I can do?

star

I need a fast. I need a breakthrough. I am to a point where had gotten content with my circumstances. Now God has moved me into a place of discomfort. You know how God will make you uneasy to let you know you are ready for a change. I am in that point. What is a good fast that I can do?

I would recommend doing a half day or whole day depending on what you are accumstom to. While you are fasting and praying specifically speak the problem and ask God to solve it. You need an intimate fast with God one-on-one and you can join in with the team as we pray together as corporate body down the road. You can do any type of fast such real juices, vegtables or water. But, please ask God to lead you in the fast because He may give you another direction. I commend you for reaching out and seeking Him in midst of your concern. I will be praying for you especially during my individual fast.

Also see this thread on many types of fast but remember God looks at the heart on why we are doing what we are doing so do not get to concern about what to do just let God lead you and relax in whatever direction He gives you.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=76987

PoeticJustice

Thank you Star for re-enforcing private fasts and more praying. I consider this a confirmation for me
because as of late it's been several confirmations for me to do this.
Thank you :hug2:

HeChangedMyName

Thanks. I went through my bible last nite with my concordance side by side and researched fasts that occured in the Bible and the reasons for each of them. I want to make sure I do the proper fast and stick to a Biblical guideline for it. I was surprised to find so many references to fasts that occured and the background versed gave some explanation to the reason for the fast. Like the fast in 2 Chronicles 20:3 is a fast that was done when they need protection. The fast in Jonah 3:5 is for asking God to change his mind and not harm nineveh. The fast in Matthew 9:14-15 was done because they felt like God wasn't with them. The fast in Judges 20:26 was so they could go to God and ask him a question. Anyway, there are a lot of fasts that I found. I got confirmation at church today on which one I should do. Coincidentally the sermon today drew upon one of the fasts that I read about and it was the one that I was considering.

star

Thanks. I went through my bible last nite with my concordance side by side and researched fasts that occured in the Bible and the reasons for each of them. I want to make sure I do the proper fast and stick to a Biblical guideline for it. I was surprised to find so many references to fasts that occured and the background versed gave some explanation to the reason for the fast. Like the fast in 2 Chronicles 20:3 is a fast that was done when they need protection. The fast in Jonah 3:5 is for asking God to change his mind and not harm nineveh. The fast in Matthew 9:14-15 was done because they felt like God wasn't with them. The fast in Judges 20:26 was so they could go to God and ask him a question. Anyway, there are a lot of fasts that I found. I got confirmation at church today on which one I should do. Coincidentally the sermon today drew upon one of the fasts that I read about and it was the one that I was considering.

Praise God on your confirmation and know more imporantly God is looking at your heart but I commend you for seeking proper guidance and God always rewards a seeker. Arthur Wallis wrote a book on "God's Chosen Fast" very small book but gives all biblical background on why people fasted. I use this now as my hand book because he explains the need for fasting and why it is so important for breakthroughs. Most Christians stores will have this book is very popular in most Churches.